PCP plan

Options
124»

Comments

• t45
    t45 Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you – lesson learnt – i did go alone and won’t do that again – and great advice regarding fully itemised costed invoice.
    I have contacted the gap insurance company with my notice of cancellation for gap cover.
    I think i will keep the tyre/wheel cover and paint cover – value of both is about £500 but think they are worth keeping.

• BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    t45 wrote: »
    Thank you – lesson learnt – i did go alone and won’t do that again – and great advice regarding fully itemised costed invoice.
    I have contacted the gap insurance company with my notice of cancellation for gap cover.
    I think i will keep the tyre/wheel cover and paint cover – value of both is about £500 but think they are worth keeping.

Sadly I suspect you'll find out they're not worth much if you have to try and claim against them. Just concentrate on enjoying your new car and in future say NO to all the pointless extras. Even if they say they're throwing them in 'free', they're not.
  • t45
    Options
    Thanks Been Through It - I can still cancel the other products too - the tyre cover and paint cover - I should consider whether or not I need these too.....the approx. price of all my added extras, the products was about £800
  • t45
    Options
    The tyre/wheel cover was £199 and has a claim limit of £250.
    Paint cover was £260 - this covers paint work, carpets and upholstery.
    I'm starting to see why lots of extras may not be required....
    The car is a Fiat so no idea how much it would cost for one tyre in the event of accidental or malicious damage or puncture...
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Get a quote for tyres on blackcircles.com
  • t45
    Options
    Thanks Neil, this sounds better than have tyre/wheel cover - it's with premier solutions but I think like my gap cover, I will be cancelling this too ...many letters to write!
  • t45
    Options
    Thank you All:
    Update:
    After following the wonderful and very valuable advice from you I have successful withdrawn from my PCP plan and am paying the neat screen price for the car. I am so happy with the advice of all on this thread without which i would not have been in the knowledge.
    I now have 30 days to may the payment.
    I have also cancelled 2 added extra products for my wheels and gap insurance. Again, I exercised my right to cancel within the 30 day period and not penalties were levied. The only product that i cannot cancel is my supagard as the car has already been treated!
    Many thanks for all of your help – successful outcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure