British Gas Collective Fix Oct 2017.. problems

Options
1235»

Comments

• British_Gas_Rep_Matt
    British_Gas_Rep_Matt Posts: 179 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Misswol wrote: »
    Update: I have called BG and they have recorded a complaint which they assure me means it should get sorted quicker.
    There is no record of any actions being taken after my phone calls at the beginning of Jan when I was assured the account would be sorted. I've wasted hours on the phone to BG and still don't have an electricity account set up.

How do I go about getting the other half of my switch cashback? BG have confirmed that they are providing both gas and electric on the collective fix tariff, so I should be eligible.

Hi Misswol, I'm glad to hear that it sounds like progress is being made but you shouldn't have needed to complain in the first place & there's no excuse for not getting things moving after you contacted us in January.

MSE pay the cashback after they've received confirmation of the switch us & when you’re next contacted by your complaint handler, I'd ask them to check they've been sent confirmation of the switch for both your gas & electricity. Thanks, Matt
    I am the official company representative of British Gas. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • cracker666
    Options
    I too have been changed from the collective switch over to standard around the time of the meter swap out.
    The problem is after calling BG my figures don't tally with theirs.
    I'm reworking mine out as it was charged at the correct rate and I'm getting about £100.00 more than the BG person.
    This seems to be crazy ive submitted my spreadsheet to show the amounts.
    Leaves a sour taste.
    I only found out when I was looking for the bills to work out my total for the year.
  • British_Gas_Rep_Matt
    British_Gas_Rep_Matt Posts: 179 Organisation Representative
    Options
    cracker666 wrote: »
    I too have been changed from the collective switch over to standard around the time of the meter swap out.
    The problem is after calling BG my figures don't tally with theirs.
    I'm reworking mine out as it was charged at the correct rate and I'm getting about £100.00 more than the BG person.
    This seems to be crazy ive submitted my spreadsheet to show the amounts.
    Leaves a sour taste.
    I only found out when I was looking for the bills to work out my total for the year.

Hi cracker666, sorry for the confusion this has caused and I totally understand you want to make sure the charges are correct.
    If you've been incorrectly been removed from the collective tariff, we'll have a record of the reading you were last charged to and can reinstate the tariff from the same reading to make sure the charges are correct.
    You'll then be able to see on the amended bill the price you've been charged per kWh will stay the same.
    If you'd like to check your bill has been corrected; please give our Collective Tariff Team a call on 0800 975 9712 and we'll take a look at your account. Thanks, Matt
    I am the official company representative of British Gas. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure