The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

MSE News: Halifax and Lloyds to slash rewards and interest on flagship accounts

124»

Comments

• EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,031
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Or is this yet another example of Halifax banking by smoke and mirrors?

No, it's yet another example of sloppy MSE reporting. The reduced bonus was applicable from January, and payable in February, so you've received the correct amount. MSE often don't explain things properly.
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,829
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    My Reward account has only paid £3 reward this month for meeting the accounts requirements in January.

If the Reward payment is reduced from February then, surely, the first £3 reward payment should not appear on accounts until March.

Or is this yet another example of Halifax banking by smoke and mirrors?

I personally thought it was clear; I expected and got £3 yesterday. The rewards are paid IN February for meeting January's criteria; the payments reduce from February.

I mean if you want to argue the toss for 20 minutes with Halifax's superb complaint handling for the sake of £2 be my guest. ;)
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • JuicyJesus wrote: »
    I mean if you want to argue the toss for 20 minutes with Halifax's superb complaint handling for the sake of £2 be my guest. ;)

Or if you are a total masochist, do it in person at Halifax Frodsham Street, Chester branch. Utterly useless.
    Ethical moneysaver
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport