Creation Everyday Credit Card

Options
13»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I took out a Creation Credit Card early this year and received the card promptly, but the PIN letter didn't arrive and I had to call them to get it reissued. I was quite happy with the information provided, but so far their customer service has been appalling.
    I called them to enquire about SecureCode (as mentioned in their emails) because there was no information in their "comprehensive" FAQs. The agent told me to "Google it", which was not what I expected from a financial institution. She then said she'd email me a link, but did not. I had no reply to the query I submitted via their website. Eventually I emailed them to make a formal complaint. Two working days later I had an acknowledgment, a case number, and a message to say that they were posting a copy of their complaints procedure to me (not arrived after a week). I've also heard nothing further from customer service despite assurances that they would assist.
    It seems they are incompetent and unreliable, and I'm not sure I trust them with more important stuff like handling money!
  • rs6060
    rs6060 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I had a similar issue where my credit was showing at £4500 yet I had a purchase of £4000 for a watch declined.

While standing in the shop I called Creations customer service and spoke to an advisor who explained that Creation required more identification before they could authorise the purchase.

I suggested I sent a scan of my passport, which the advisor agreed would be sufficient, only to then be told they would not accept a valid passport as valid identification. The ridiculous reason given to me by the advisor was "my passport was too new".

As a last resort, I suggested I transferred £4000 to the credit card and then paid using the loaded card. Again, the advisor said they would not allow that.

I've since complained to Creation and after waiting 6 days, I have yet to receive a response.

I have lost faith in any cards which have any association with Creation, my advice to anyone would be to stay well clear of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure