IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking ticket in Botanical Gardens

Options
13»

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    But that's not a reason to tell a person to 'pay up'.

This is a private parking charge like we deal with here every day - generally held to be utter rip-off rubbish that the Government needs to reign in - they are not fines and even after the Beavis case are not there to be paid by recipients, rolling over like some sort of scam victim.

So like we said already, it seems a visitor to that place has free parking offered and has already paid for the privilege of membership, so cannot be expected to re-read the sign on every visit to check nothing new has been added randomly to a contract that has already concluded and (it seems, although we've not seen the membership agreement) offered free entry/parking for members.

Is re-imbursed parking free?
    Or is it that the OP should abide by the T&Cs that effectively negate the parking fee as part of his membership, only time will tell...................
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Really not sure what you are talking about but please, no more 'he is going to have to pay up'!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • eve31
    eve31 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I received a parking charge notice after visiting the Botanical garden for a day out, after paying entry fee, I entered my details onto the console in reception for registering your car for free parking, got a receipt. Had a lovely day and then spent £60 in the garden shop.

Now two weeks later I don't have my receipts for the car park and I receipt a £100 parking fine.

I need to put together a quick appeal letter as I'm off on holiday, can anyone give me some tips or things I should include.

Also I looked at trip advisor for there and the last few reviews exact same thing, and it seems to be at the same time period, could I use the as anecdotal evidence of a fault with their system?

Thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    This thread is almost 2 years old and advice in it will be similarly 'dated'.

You need to read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 where you will 'a quick appeal letter'.
    could I use the as anecdotal evidence of a fault with their system?
    Not at this stage.

Start your own thread, not hijack another, if you want more advice later.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport