IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

WHOPLA accept UKPC's forged photos and REJECTS the motorist's appeal

Options
13»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm only throwing in some possibilities PG - I don't have the definitive answer, but if memory serves me well, I do recall there being a rump of cases (outside of the WH/Beavis pile) that the BPA were toting around trying to find a 'home' for.

Maybe this particular case was 'stayed' as a result of the investigation into UKPC. After all whatever decision London Council may have made before an investigation took place could have left some egg on their face (or even prejudiced the outcome of the investigation).

Again - just a possible scenario.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    umm , the people at popla were looking at the case on 27/08/2015
    UKPC were banned from DVLA access from 18/09/2015 till 05/11/2015
    the ombudsman service started on 1st October 2015
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 9 October 2016 at 3:09PM
    Options
    The POPLA evidence pack came in at the end of August and that gave POPLA about four weeks to pick it up and make a decision...they obviously found that one 'too hard'' and left it at the bottom of the pile. Loads of cases ground to a halt at that time. I had one last-gasp decision I demanded on a case, which POPLA finally decided for the person on 30th September, but I know shedloads more were left festering.

And so with this case, it lay in the undecided pile and off it went to WH in the pile which - as Umkomaas rightly says - included cases which did not rely upon GPEOL but which were in the pipe-line in September but never decided in time. There was always a backlog and it got worse in August/September 2015, as several of the Assessors had ended their contracts by then and POPLA had a skeleton staff those final weeks. Richard Reeve had gone by then, IIRC, so had Tristan Patey who was an administrator who used to reply and sort things out - as had several of the good Assessors. Old POPLA was 'sinking not swimming' by the end few weeks.

This is one to write to the DCLG and Mrs May about; this exposes POPLA, WHOPLA, the BPA and UKPC all in one fell swoop. The BPA and UKPC will say it was a mistake that the case was not removed from the pile passed to WHOPLA.

Tough. BIG MISTAKE.

If writing to Mrs May/the DCLG, use the BMPA template and/or HO87's words, including his other post about consumers being 'disenfranchised'. Strong words and true - Schedule 4 needs repealing and the entire PPC scam exposed down to its bare bones.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Minnie87
    Minnie87 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Hey again everyone! Didn't think I would be back here again lol and certainly didn't think I would be back for the same parking ticket which was sorted out a year ago, so you can imagine my horror when I received the email to say my appeal had been rejected �� Will this ever end??
    Thought I would come back in case anyone had any questions about the case as it was a year ago so I'm sure it's all been forgotten now. And also to see what you all thought about the appeal rejection and why they decide a year later to reject it?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    one might like to ring the press that looked at it originally , plus a complaint to the BPA etc etc etc

please let us know when they issue court papers as I have a bulk supplier of popcorn available
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 10 October 2016 at 12:43AM
    Options
    I agree, get the journalist to cover this again as an astonishing update.

And write and tell your MP and Mrs May exactly what the BPA's POPLA has done to you:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754&page=6

This needs exposing. Explain to Mrs May and your MP exactly what has happened here after the PCN was exposed as fraud leading to UKPC's 'wrist slap' temporary banning by the DVLA. You have proof that because the photos were DOCTORED, the PCN was then cancelled, yet Wright Hassall's seeming institutionally-biased version of POPLA could not for one minute see this, read your appeal, see it for what it was and get the decision right. Perhaps because they are a debt collector for...parking companies...a dreadful choice by the BPA to hear cases.

And since that happened, the scrutiny committee ISPA has resigned having been unable to scrutinise ''WH'' pseudo-POPLA cases (don't call it 'WHOPLA' - that's forum-speak).

Remember that your MP and Mrs May will almost certainly not know that last bit about Wright Hassall being debt collectors for parking firms, with a huge conflict of interest which ISPA wanted to comment on but were unable to do so. You could send them the Prankster's Blog all about your case and ask if they believe the BPA and IPC are credible as ATAs, in allowing such woeful decisions against consumers.

Please lend your voice to the campaign to complain.

Here is your original thread - who would have thought that WHOPLA would have actually been stupid enough not to have known about this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5313494
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure