Best bank account for large amount of cash

I'm looking for advice on where to put my money. I've just sold my house and have about £100,000 in my pocket before I use it to buy my new house next year.

I'm looking to see where is the best place to put my money for about 7 months, if anybody can help. I know interest rates are low but I'd like to make the most of it.

Most bank accounts I have seen are small limits so looking to see if I've missed any good options.

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,611 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    no - you need to maximise the use of the small limts and then build from there. Several of the small limit ones let you hold a sole and a joint so you could have 3 between you and a partner. It takes a bit of effort setting things up but there aren't any big wins now that the Santander one has dropped from 3% to 1.5%
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Most bank accounts I have seen are small limits so looking to see if I've missed any good options.

You will probably continue to miss them if you keep posting in the wrong forum.

The Budgeting and Bank Accounts forum is probably the best place for this.
  • yes its through
  • this is a through
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family