Options
13»

Comments

• Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    You must have seriously misread it. That's more than a thousand a month. A quick look at quotes is showing me around £300/month and anyway it's a £30k car so you'd pretty much have bought it at that price ! Were you looking at an i8?

I didn't misread it, but I did screw up writing it down. Duh!

It should have been £14.2k over 2 years at 8k miles p.a.
  • Stageshoot
    Options
    Some interesting discussion, Thanks Guys and Gals.

As for buying it I am old fashioned if I have the cash I pay for it, PCP Loans etc etc etc only make money for one person and its certainly not the end user. I like to know I own what I drive and can do what I want with it.

Had the car just under a week now. Done 700 miles in it, only had to use the Range Extender once when took kids down to the Harry Potter Experience in Leavesden and there was no charging point and I could not be bothered to stop on M1 (it was 1am). So used the Rex and it worked like a dream.

Apart from that been on Electric all the while. Lovely car to drive.

As for Batteries BMW have said all future higher power batteries for the car will be compatible so upgrading in 3 or 4 years would be an option, but being honest I have never kept a car that long.

Anyway its a stonking little toy. Here it is having a free drink in Derby today. Thanks All

IMG_1317.JPG

And just to be totally clear. I have not abandoned Dino Altogether. I have still kept my Fun Car (Abarth 500c) for when I feel like Hooning it rather than toodling about.

500-1.JPG
    Over 100k miles of Electric Motoring and rising,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family