2»

Replies

• shaun_from_Africashaun_from_Africa Forumite
    12.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hennerz wrote: »
    And at the very most?
    A signed and stamped letter stating that the service "was carried out to the requirements of the manufacturers approved maintenance schedule using parts and materials, the quality of which are equal to or better than Ford branded parts"
  • rich13348rich13348 Forumite
    835 posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Phone the service department see if they will allow you to post the book to be stamped.
    I did this with my car when the car was provided with no service book. I sent it recorded delivery with a recorded delivery envelope with return address and covering letter so they just had to stamp the book and stick it in the other envelope.
  • GoldenyearsGoldenyears Forumite
    294 posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Also you could try visiting any franchised Ford dealer and ask them what is in the service record. Maybe they won't print stuff out for you, but at least you would know what any future owner would find out.
  • arcon5arcon5 Forumite
    14.1K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :rotfl:
    I didn't even know there was an online record. Looks like you have to write to the DVLA and pay £5 to get this. No online access?

I'm. It sure what your looking at but it doesn't sound right as afaik dvla don't hold service history of any kind
  • IceweaselIceweasel Forumite
    4.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even know there was an online record. Looks like you have to write to the DVLA and pay £5 to get this. No online access?

I don't think that the DVLA have any such records.

As 'Goldenyears' says any Ford franchised dealer should be able to check the car's service history from the VIN Nr.

But I would push hard to try to get the service book stamped - the journey to car supermarket could be well worth it.

Does that invoice you have say which service or what work was done and at what mileage?
  • hennerzhennerz Forumite
    172 posts
    Phoned and spoke to the car supermarket garage today and their systems don't show it as having been serviced! !!!!!!!? I told them I would call them back later today.

The receipt clearly shows a service, I definitely waiting 1.5 hours in their cafe while the car was in the garage for something.... What should I do now?
  • fred246fred246 Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only way to know if a car has been serviced is to do it yourself.
  • HerzlosHerzlos Forumite
    12.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind doing the drive if I could take my new car, but I imagine they might want to see the original car?

Nah they don't need to see the car, just the service book. All they'll do is look up the reg number on a computer and do the stampes.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support