Car model recall

Options

Comments

• Cpu2007
    Cpu2007 Posts: 723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    cajef wrote: »
    More people people die or are injured in road accidents every day, does that mean you will never go anywhere again?

less people die on drugs than those on road accident, should we all start using drugs?

it's called reducing you're probabilities wherever you can.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    Cpu2007 wrote: »
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/honda-cars-britain-recalled-after-7318039

Selling the car it's not an option, I loose on it. I want to know what are my rights in terms of whether I can get the manufacturer to replace those parts immediately.

Well that's easy.

You call the manufacturer and explain to them why you need an immediate replacement as opposed to all the other thousands of people affected by the recall.
  • Cpu2007
    Options
    Well that's easy.

You call the manufacturer and explain to them why you need an immediate replacement as opposed to all the other thousands of people affected by the recall.

I think this is something I will pursue,I'm just not aware of my rights in such situations.

I have received multiple letters from them in the past 8-9 months but all of them are simply stating that at one point they will call us about the replacement.

At first I didn't really bother but then realised that this could take a long time, which isn't good.
  • Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Those deaths are in the USA though over a 12 year period the article also goes on to say that no incidents have been reported in the UK in the same timeframe

I would say this is a precautionary recall the company have decided to do on the safeside and you will be safe in waiting for them to contact you
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,649 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Your "rights" are to have the modifications carried out as per the letter(s).
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

But that Daily Mirror article dates from February - eight months ago.

How you have survived for eight months is a indeed mystery.

So the problem did not become an issue for you until you received your recent letter.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    9 deaths in 12 years the the whole of the US? I wonder how many of those had other serious injuries?

Affects the 2007 - 2011 CRV, so your car is between 5 and 9 years old and not managed to kill anyone yet.
    Your more likely to get killed from a HGV coming the other way than you are from the airbags in your car.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Cpu2007
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    But that Daily Mirror article dates from February - eight months ago.

How you have survived for eight months is a indeed mystery.

So the problem did not become an issue for you until you received your recent letter.
    9 deaths in 12 years the the whole of the US? I wonder how many of those had other serious injuries?

Affects the 2007 - 2011 CRV, so your car is between 5 and 9 years old and not managed to kill anyone yet.
    Your more likely to get killed from a HGV coming the other way than you are from the airbags in your car.

Maybe because they don't update it every year. Plus, such cases where death is involved are very likely to go to court because honda doesn't want to accept liability.
    Matter of fact, the news it's about February 2016 on something that started 12 years ago right? Only now honda is accepting liability and doing so only in some countries.
    It's nice to play with statistics lol but they don't really fit these kind topics, there are many things that I'm more likely to die but I don't know how that reduces the seriousness of something that can cause serious issues.
    Additionally, I think you guys have skipped the part where it says there has been 100 of injuries, I guess that's not serious as well.
  • Cpu2007
    Options
    Our Honda was recalled for the airbag mod too.

We bought ours new from a dealership and they offered us a hire car, through a national hire chain, until the part came in and was applied.

We just had to sign a form saying we wouldn't drive the Honda so they were absolved of any responsibility i.e. they'd told us, offered a remedy and if we drove the Honda and injured ourselves it was our problem.

We had a nice shiny brand new Toyota hire car for four months. Sorry to give it back actually because it was better than our little commuter-special Honda.

Could that be an option? Have you asked? If you make a fuss and say to need it to commute or something?

My Jeep (also bought new from a dealership) had the same recall. We tried again for a hire car but they just told us to go swivel!

Thanks, it could be an option but will have to see how it works with insurance and everything else. I will call honda and check if there's a chance to fix this issue promptly. That will be ideal. Better be safe than sorry :)
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Additionally, I think you guys have skipped the part where it says there has been 100 of injuries, I guess that's not serious as well.
    None in the UK afaik.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport