Let's fix this situation

Options

Comments

• BeckyS
    BeckyS Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Not much report. Another 0% balance transfer card was coming up at 80% chance when I checked this week so I've applied. It's one that tells you via post if you've got it so I don't know if I've got it yet. *fingers crossed on that* Hopefully I'll get it because I'll have to wait a while before trying again if I don't.
    Sealed pot Challenge 9 member #558

Debts to be listed soon
  • BeckyS
    Options
    Hi all

Still coughing but it's getting better slowly.

Waiting to hear about the 0% Balance Transfer card is making me jumpy. Getting the rest of the Cap1 card onto a 0% card would really cut quite a bit off the length of time I'll be repaying. Credit Club says 80% chance but that's still a 20% chance of a no. *chews fingernails*

Picked up two chickens for £6. I'll cook one tomorrow and put the other in the freezer. Then next week can be one of the gammon joints and the week after chicken again... several weeks of meat in freezer now.

Becka

Debts to be listed soon
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon.

Fingers crossed about the cc
  • BeckyS
    Options
    Damn it! I hate temping. Job's gone away without warning again, leaving me with no income. And it's always just they don't need me and I'll have a good reference but I'm sure there must be something wrong with me now.

*cries from the stress*

Debts to be listed soon
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hugs. Fingers crossed you get something quickly x
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,382 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Aww Becka that's rubbish - BUT it is the way with temping of course. I've got massive respect for ANYONE who can cope with temping as I know I'm not resilient enough.

Are your agency looking for somewhere else to place you as a matter of urgency? Are there any other decent agencies locally that you can sign up with or are you already with multiples!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • BeckyS
    edited 24 October 2016 at 6:08PM
    Options
    Hi all,

Still right cheesed off.

The good news is the company are paying me for today and I'll have some holiday pay which means I get last week's pay on Friday and then about three days (I think) next week and I can pull about £60 from my Patreon to make it up. So I won't go into financial meltdown until mid November.

I've already updated my CV and put in applications for several jobs this afternoon. At the very least I know there's the Royal Mail MDEC work in December so if I can scrape through until then I'm fine until new year. Hopefully something will come up sooner.

So I'm stressed and upset and trying to work through it, but this is far from ideal.

Becka

(Ooh! I also have about £200 credit coming from Coop Energy once the CoS is completed. That'll help too.)

Debts to be listed soon
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,382 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sounds like it's not looking *quite* as bad as you first feared then?
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Jennifer58
    Options
    Hi Becky.

Just read your journey so far.

Good luck with everything!
  • BeckyS
    Options
    Sounds like it's not looking *quite* as bad as you first feared then?

I was in panic mode at first. Now I'm in hunter-gatherer mode. The situation could be worse but I need something ASAP.

I have registration for the Royal Mail Data entry Friday morning, so that's good. Not my fav job but it keeps body and soul together for three weeks in December.

I'm waiting to hear about an immediate start two week role. (There was another which I definitely could have had but it turned out not to be where the agency implied and I can't get to where it is which is 'dammit' again).

I have a possible interview for a permanent role next week and a phone interview for a long term temp role tonight.

I never lack for bites on my CV hopefully something will stick soon.

Becka

Debts to be listed soon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills