No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2016

Options

Comments

• Houseplant26
    Options
    I'm having the sort of day at work where I need a handsome man to rock up and slather me in the best smelling distressing body butter that has ever existed. Oh and bring chocolate.
  • gemmajenkins0208
    Options
    I never got around to doing what I wanted to do this morning as I have had a very busy day, just as well really as it has been heaving with rain here all day, I have a small handful of massive spots coming up and my shoulder/neck is hurting so much and I have no idea why

:(
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sorry you aren't having a good day, Houseplant and gemmajenkins! Hope things improve for you!
    And yay for being in your new house Gemzie121!

I have some UUS:
    14. Carino Coconut Conditioner WNBA. This was nowhere near heavy duty enough for my hair. Smelt nice though
    15. Candle Belle Granny Smith Mega Melt WMBA. Not my favourite of the Candle Belle ones but still very nice.
    16. Lush Monster’s Ball Bath Bomb WBA. This was lovely! I think it's a bit big. I'd rather it was a bit smaller and under £4 but I really enjoyed it. I will probably pick up one or two before they disappear after Hallowe'en.
    17. Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation WDBA. Have already repurchased, I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a HG but it's the most reliable one I have.

And one IN. I got the Superdrug Optimum Birch Water Micellar Water while it was on an introductory price. I really didn't need it at all!

Re the earlier conversations about why we do what we do. I think I've gone full in on makeup etc because I didn't really get into it as young as everyone else I knew. I started wearing a bit of eye makeup when I was 19 and didn't start wearing a full 'face' until I was about 26. So maybe I'm making up for lost time?! It's the same with Lush; I only started buying Lush maybe 18 months ago and now it's a regular thing for me to buy.
    I don't spend huge amounts of money on other things like clothes or fancy holidays so I try not to feel too guilty about how much I buy - I'd never allow myself to get completely skint for the sake of makeup! - but i think I need to be more realistic about how much I can possibly get through especially with things that can go off.
    There are still some things I'm really lazy about. I don't properly brush my hair everyday because I always wear it up. And I'll admit to not always brushing my teeth before I go to bed too as someone else mentioned! I do most of the time but every now and again, I just want to fall into bed!

As for the PYN idea as Houseplant mentioned, I wouldn't do it on a specific day because my job means my nails don't last more than 2 days but I'll definitely mention whenever I do it. I GA the few nail polishes I had a couple of months ago because I never painted my nails - they were all colours I didn't like from beauty boxes anyway. Then I got bored when I was off sick, ordered a couple of polishes and haven't had bare nails since. Typical! It's scary how quickly a collection can grow when you buy from Primark, Poundland etc. I will decide whether to start counting them again in the new year I think.
    Just painted mine with a dark hunter green called Ranger. It's a £1.50 gel effect from Primark.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend! :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Very jealous about all your lush! With samples are they good at giving them out? Do you just ask in store?

I feel like I'm being a bit enabling and enabled on the shopping front!

I was wondering about all your samples too, Gemzie! What kind of size sample do they give for shower gels?
  • gemmajenkins0208
    Options
    Deleted_User - thank you for your input re: earlier conversation. It was me who said about not always brushing teeth before bed.

I also do not brush my hair properly every day as I work 5 days out of 7 and need to wear it up at work, unless of course I decide to lop it all off! :rotfl:

I am seriously considering it to be honest. The only thing holding me back is due to my build and from when I had it cut short about 6 years ago, I just felt it made me look like a butch lesbian! I really cannot help but browse short styles etc on the web though! :D

Oh and also my boyfriend likes my hair long too :o
  • seasideDreamer
    Options
    UU here, Timotei Vivid Colour Conditioner. Really hope I get time for a nice relaxing bath and pamper tomorrow by body feels like its needing a nice soak. :)
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello ladies!

Quick UU (whilc I was in the shower and had no replacement, no less!): Creightons Perfect Blonde Intensive Care Conditioner.

WIBA? Current HG product. Not perfect, but as near as I have found and for a mere 89p a bottle, I'm not complaining!
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• Gemzie121
    Gemzie121 Posts: 668 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    With the lush samples, i order a lot from the lush kitchen and online, and if you put in the section where you can tick 'gift' you can write a comment of 'please can i have samples included' and they will send you out 3 or 4 little black pots or little chunks of soap or fun bars to try. Ive asked for soecific requests before of products i wanted to try or requests such as 'fun bars' or 'soaps' etc and if they have it they are always very obliging. Ive always had samples when ive requested them. If you ask in store too about specific products they are usually happy to do you a sample to take home. I have a couple of friends who like lush too so we often swap products and send each other samples. Definitely always worth asking for them. I love keeping a little collection of them for holidays, hospital etc as they are singular use size (although ive gotten a good few uses out of a karma kream sample).

I have a uu and some ins to report:

UUs:

Dove beauty finish roll on deodorant - WNBA didnt like the smell of this. It did do the job well but theres other products out there i prefer the scent of.

Now for the ins, i decided to get a few of the new halloween & christmas bits in lush. I really wanted monsters ball but they didnt have any in stock so will order a couple online to try. Mr sandman is the exact twilight smell, so so good.

Lush santasaurus bubble bar
    Lush pumpkin bath bomb
    Lush mr sandman dusting powder
    Lush shoot for the stars bath bomb
    Lush sugar plum fairy lip scrub
    Lush autumn leaf bath bomb
    Lush penguin bubble bar
    Lush never mind the balistics bath bomb
    Lush northern lights bath bomb
    Lush mistletoe bath bomb
    Lush reindeer rock soap

X 11 in
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2015/2016/2017/2018

UUs for 2016: 513 In's: 447 UUs for 2017: 207 Ins: 161
    UUs for 2018: In's:
    Self Confessed Lush Addict!
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My UUs slowed down last week but I think I have 5 items that could go this week.

My current 15ml Elemis PCMC
    8ml pot of L'Occitane immortelle cream
    Pump bottle (maybe 200ml of Australian Bidy Care tea tree body lotion
    Tube of Savlon
    Lush Brazened Honey mask
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • gemmajenkins0208
    Options
    One of the huge spots I was on about came to a head this morning, I tried to pop it, and now it looks the worst it ever has :(

Basically there has been this slightly red lump just under my eyebrow for the last few weeks at least. When I first saw it I was like "oh that'll come up in a couple days, I'll pop it then it'll go down" but no. It never came up, I couldn't pop it and it just sat there looking all red and angry but I couldn't do anything to it.

Then this morning I saw a little whitehead on it, and I was like "ohhhh yes finally!" But now I've popped it, where the whitehead was it just looks like I've taken a huge chunk of skin out of my eyebrow! :mad: :rotfl:

I've literally never had a raised red lump type spot for this long before. The worst part was, when I went to pop it, only the tiniest bit of stuff came out! :(

Can anyone give me any tips as to how I might be able to help it go down or some such? :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure