Manchester official "meet and greet" & looking4parking

Options
I used Manchester airports official "meet and greet" last week that I booked through looking4parking. BEWARE! It's nothing of the sort. It required a 15 minute walk from the parking bay to the portacabin, a 10 min checkin procedure and another 15 minute trek to departures. This was across the exit to the short stay car park, across a road and all at 6am, in the rain, with 2, 3 year old girls and loads of cases.

When I complained they said,"oh you're thinking of the other meet and greet". They're the official one for Manchester airport, surely they should be to a higher standard.

This is not meet and greet, it's close by parking and it's an absolute scam. Of course, there's no way to complain to Manchester airport, just a web form and looking for parking have said that if I have a problem, to take it up with them, they're just the agents!!!

Disgraceful

Comments

• wazza99
    wazza99 Posts: 370 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    In some ways i agree we do laughingly call it sometimes "park and walk" meet and greet is a bit misleading, its certainly not the pull up outside departures and someone drives your car away.

However we still find the best compromise in terms of cost and convenience. We generally find its a 2-3 min walk to the cabin, 2 min check-in and then about 5 mins to the terminal, good enough i think.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,579 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    If you want official parking at Manchester Airport use their website, not some other set up with a web name which immediately gets my alarm bells ringing.
  • lea2012
    lea2012 Posts: 733 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This is the official Manchester Airport Meet and Greet Service that they OP is talking about, but they just sell it through a lot of different websites and channels. Unfortunately he would have had the same experience if he had booked it direct with the airport.

As the other poster has said it should really be known as park and walk. Essentially you pull up into a designated area of the car parks opposite the terminal (just by the multi storey car parks), park in a space, take your keys to the cabin and walk into the terminal. You don't pull up your car right outside the terminal and meet someone who then drives it away and brings it back straight to the terminal.

We find it's 5 min walk absolute max even with a ton of cases and young children. We usually get in and out of the keys drop off in a couple of minutes but last time it was a 10-15 min wait as a few flights had landed meaning lots of people collecting keys. They only had one member of staff on and it was a bit chaotic but we will still book it for next time. For a week it usually only works out about £4 more than the official airport long stay car park which is actually a 5 min bus ride away so well worth it to be able to just walk into the terminal.
    Lea :confused:
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    edited 2 October 2016 at 11:07AM
    Options
    we had a great experience using Manchester airport's official meet and greet service at T3 (we also booked through looking4parking, had no trouble with that either). The meet and greet at T3 couldn't be closer to the terminal building, its literally across the road (and there are pedestrian crossings) and you're there (ie less than 2 minutes walk). You park your car in a designated area which is about a minute (if that) walk to the reception cabin where you leave your keys, and thats it, off you go.
    When we returned, our car was parked behind the reception cabin, so again, less than 3 minutes walk from the airport terminal exit to the car.

I would be happy to recommend Manchester airport's T3 meet and greet.

eta - I'm fairly sure, on your booking confirmation, you would have had the information about where to go and what to do on arrival and departure, wouldn't that have alerted you that it isn't a drop-your-car-at-the-airport-door-and-hand-your-keys-to-someone-to-drive-it-away service? You can google it on the airport website too, and get the same information.
  • dondo
    dondo Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We used meet and greet at East Midlands this year and I was a wee bit surprised that it was indeed park and walk but thankfully only a minute if that to the office and about the same to the terminal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure