Online order - dodgy company/no delivery

Options
Hi,
Not sure if this is the right place but wondering if anyone can please help.
We're moving and needed a new hob/oven, ordered a standard Hotpoint GCB751X Gas Hob from kitchens247.co.uk, prior to order I checked with them and they confirmed stock and delivery for today (as it is being installed this weekend). Roll round to today, no contact, no delivery/shipping confirmation, ignoring calls and emails and after a quick search online bad reviews of customers not receiving goods ordered.
So the query is my Dad paid for it by credit card, since they refuse to get back to me what is the proceedure to sort it out. I thought i should check their t&c's and it says:

CANCELLATION
The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 provide cancellation rights in relation to the ordering of goods, however, as all of our products are manufactured or modified upon confirmation of your order these items cannot be cancelled once work has begun and you will be liable for the full cost of the goods.

But everything appears to be standard and certainly what I have ordered is not made by them but by hotpoint??!

Would be so grateful for advice...have I just lost £219 :(

Thanks very much x

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Since it's still (early) today, how can you say the item has failed to be delivered?

There really is nothing you can do until this day is done. Online reviews will not be accepted as evidence that the item will not be delivered later today.

Tomorrow, however, your father can ask the Bank for a Chargeback.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure