Eon HELP!

Options
Hello all

Just wondering if you could give some tips or help me out because this is really stressing me out.

On June the 30th 2014 i sold my flat i was living in at that time and rang eon and told them of my move and all seemed fine... until i checked my credit report 6 months ago and since June 2014 they have just been reporting with the U symbol so i called eon and asked them why the account was not shown as settled and they though i was still living in the flat and using electricity, and they said we recently fitted you a pre paid metre because you are so far behind on your bills.

I then told the lady on the phone i moved out 30th June 2014 and the person who bought my flat has been using my name to run up debt but also not paying it she advised me to send in proof that i had sold the flat on that date which i did. Then two weeks later Eon sent me a revised final Bill for £670 which i paid (Because they said they had to estimate the bill based on when i moved out because apparently i didn't give a reading when i moved out).

So then i contacted Equifax and asked them to appeal the decision and ask Eon to backdate the settlement date to 30th June 2014 and Eon then agreed but said it can take 3 months but today i got a notification from Equifax because Eon have updated the report but all they have done is added four U signs in the past four months.

I just want this to end and them to close the account back to June 2014 as this will afeect my credit rating because i had late payments on the account back in 2013 and without it being backdated and settled in 2014 the late payments will never leave my account.

Comments

• E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning jameslettch1 and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry that you've found yourself in this situation.

It sounds like the billing and the account is mostly sorted out, but it's the problem with the credit file.

I think really the only option now is to speak to us and raise a complaint, this will be opened from the first time you contacted us about this and you'll have a complaints manager dealing with it and that'll be your point of contact.

You'll need to follow this process through until a resolution is reached.

I understand it's frustrating for you, but this needs to be looked in to and investigated.

Please let me know if I can help you further.

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure