Married Name Change.

Hi,

I have a friend who got married approx 6 months ago and thus changed her surname name. She would like to apply for a new credit card with % interest to transfer a balance from another card.
We have run the check on Martins site but as everything has changed into her new married name. It does pick her up at all. It only gives her a score on her maiden name. But she obviously needs to apply in her new married name. We are concerned that she will have the same issue if she applies for the new card?
Has anyone one got any advise?

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,596 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    My credit report shows my maiden name (with the option for adding any other names I am known by). I am guessing that the info from the marriage is just taking a while to filter through to the CRAs. She should take a look at her credit report and see if it is mentioned. Not sure how you rectify if it isn't there though
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Did she change her bank accounts yet? I found once I changed my bank accounts I was able to apply for credit in my new name.

I got married about two months ago, within a month of that I was able to get about 4 credit cards.
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    What do you mean by everything has changed into her married name? All bills? Mobile phones? Electoral roll?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure