40p DIY christmas wreath!

MrsTinks
MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
Back in January a little MSE bird told me about some lovely bargains in B&M homestores so I decided to have a little peak and sure enough there were plenty of things (including tat! :rotfl:) on offer. As a Christmas addict I managed to contain my enthusiasm and walked away with about 90p's worth :money:

40p of this were 4 tubs of black and white plastic baubles (down from £2.49 each) SO a saving of £9.56 if you are counting ;)

image_1.jpeg

Well it was always my intent to make a wreath from them because I have a black front door and I thought they'd look lovely :)

It still need some live fresh greenery topped with a bow at the top, usually I would get this when I trim our christmas tree for its foot :) However this is the wreath!

image.jpeg

I will admit to a few additional items in it's making:
a wire coat hanger
a hot glue gun
2 types of left over ribbon
some wire

I will do a little tutorial later when I get time to write it all down, there are easier ways of doing it but I was limited by materials to hand and wanting to make a point of keeping it cheap :)

The only other things I need is some white ribbon to make a bow for the greenery at the top unless I use an old white dress i have hanging about to make that LOL

Share your bargain makes!!!
DFW Nerd #025
DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey

Comments

• MrsTinks wrote: »
    Back in January a little MSE bird told me about some lovely bargains in B&M homestores so I decided to have a little peak and sure enough there were plenty of things (including tat! :rotfl:) on offer. As a Christmas addict I managed to contain my enthusiasm and walked away with about 90p's worth :money:

40p of this were 4 tubs of black and white plastic baubles (down from £2.49 each) SO a saving of £9.56 if you are counting ;)

NrjaXOZNpME4e1emnS2p-gpoZzIaZiA7tC6ThRQ3fVk?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

Well it was always my intent to make a wreath from them because I have a black front door and I thought they'd look lovely :)

It still need some live fresh greenery topped with a bow at the top, usually I would get this when I trim our christmas tree for its foot :) However this is the wreath!

ZaNOsbrDCAFzdRGUUrTGQSqz2WMs_FX-mvkYh-zWefA?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

I will admit to a few additional items in it's making:
    a wire coat hanger
    a hot glue gun
    2 types of left over ribbon
    some wire

I will do a little tutorial later when I get time to write it all down, there are easier ways of doing it but I was limited by materials to hand and wanting to make a point of keeping it cheap :)

The only other things I need is some white ribbon to make a bow for the greenery at the top unless I use an old white dress i have hanging about to make that LOL

Share your bargain makes!!!

Hello Mrs Tinks

Your wreath sounds such a great idea. For some reason I can't see the pictures:mad:

Looking forward to seeing your other creations

K
  • MrsTinks
    Finally managed to fix photos lol
    DFW Nerd #025

• Karrie1uk
    Karrie1uk Posts: 34 Forumite
    It's really beautiful
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    That is very good for the price! well done you.
  • MrsTinks
    I'm still tweaking it, just waiting for some more white ribbon lol it's going to look fab!
    DFW Nerd #025

• fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    I love it! I bought a bauble wreath a few years ago which fell apart after two Christmases, so I'd like to have a go at making my own and will be eagerly awaiting your tutorial :D
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    I'm seriously having a go at making one of these but I've got visions of it ending in a glittery nightmare _pale_
    I don't have a hot glue gun - can I use other glues, pva maybe?
  • This is gorgeous, I am eagerly waiting for your tutorial
  • MrsTinks
    I shall post it up this week �� Just need to get back from holiday first ��

As for glue, you don't want to sit and hold this whilst it dries - hot glue guns can be picked up pretty cheap these days... I also use it for EVERYTHING lol
    DFW Nerd #025

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport