Changing Phone/Internet from one account holder to another (SKY)

in Phones & TV
5 replies 906 views
Good morning,

Our internet and phone is currently in girlfriends name.

In order to benefit from a new customer offer we have cancelled the account in her name and I have signed up as a new customer.

The account in my girlfriends name is due to end on the 31st October.

On the track my order section with my new account the following is displayed:

Sky Broadband & Talk
Sky Talk activation
Your Sky phone line will be up and running on 31st October. Your services can go live anytime up to midnight on this date. You don't need to be at home.

Will we have internet access on the 31st? I have heard that it can take 2 weeks from the old line being disconnected to the new one being set up.

Sky haven't really be helpful on this issue.

Thanks

Replies

• The reason sky have not been very helpful is because of what you are doing. If you have signed up as a new customer the process of simply taking over a line (as if you wee going to a new supplier) is a little redundant.

Are they providing you with a new phone number and/or line? If so it is likely that you wwill have minimum time.

If you are disconnecting (ie. cancelling) your girlfriends account and starting (ie. re-connecting) again you could have a period of disconnection.

You can surely understand why Sky aren't being too helpful.
  • Sky are not aware of what I am doing. Perhaps if Sky would offer existing customers the same deal as new customers this wouldn't be happening.
  • bengalknightsbengalknights Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    craig1123 wrote: »
    Sky are not aware of what I am doing. Perhaps if Sky would offer existing customers the same deal as new customers this wouldn't be happening.

The irony is you will probably now find your partner receives a offer bettering the one you got, just to come back to sky!
  • duchyduchy Forumite
    19.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    craig1123 wrote: »
    Sky are not aware of what I am doing. Perhaps if Sky would offer existing customers the same deal as new customers this wouldn't be happening.

Oh yes they do, it clearly flags up as the addresses match. They are aware you are trying to pull a fast one.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • duchy wrote: »
    Oh yes they do, it clearly flags up as the addresses match. They are aware you are trying to pull a fast one.

And what about when someone moves house. They and the new customer will boh show as having the same address
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides