Concentrix tax credits shambles - how to appeal and get your credits backdated

If your tax credits were stopped, here's what to try - plus some of the many stories we've received from those affected...
Read the full story:
'Concentrix tax credits shambles - how to appeal and get your credits backdated'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
See the latest news from MoneySavingExpertNews
Follow the MSE on Twitter: @MoneySavingExp
Get Martin's Money Tips
Join the MSE Forum

Comments

• If this has happened to you and you don't feel confident about drafting your own Mandatory Reconsideration, get in touch with your local CAB who will provide all the assistance you need
  • How can I find out if the problems I have encountered are due to Concentrix or just inept and uncaring staff? I have been lied to, challenged, questioned and verbally abused. Paperwork which should have been dealt with in weeks has taken the better part of a year. How can I hope to stay within a 30-day time limit when I have never had the courtesy of a prompt reply about my tax credit? I am so frustrated, I cannot live on air anymore and neither can my family.
  • BettyLou wrote: »
    How can I find out if the problems I have encountered are due to Concentrix or just inept and uncaring staff? I have been lied to, challenged, questioned and verbally abused. Paperwork which should have been dealt with in weeks has taken the better part of a year. How can I hope to stay within a 30-day time limit when I have never had the courtesy of a prompt reply about my tax credit? I am so frustrated, I cannot live on air anymore and neither can my family.

The 30days applies to appealing a decision made. E.g. If they were reveiweing childcare and decided to remove the childcare you'd be sent a new award notice advising you of this. You'd have 30 days from the date of the award letter (they accept late appeals up to 13 months if reasonable excuse).

The issues you mention sound more like a complaint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure