Recommendations to wrap trim and paint alloys (London)

Options
Hi all,

I'm picking up my "nearly new" Jaguar KF on Friday and, as with all nearly new cars, you need to compromise compared to ideal spec. As a result, I'm looking at ways to customise the car to make it look as I'd want.

Here it is:
YM1OQFxA.jpg
m402mwlU.jpg
zJfguY0F.jpg
Lg9WZtMT.jpg

The main things that I want to get done are:
1) Wrapping some of the brushed metal trim in gloss black (two "blades" on lower-front air intake, front-grille surround, side power vents and thin trim on boot)
2) Getting the "19 alloys painted gloss black

Does anyone have any recommendations for places in London where I could get these works done at a reasonable cost, in London?
What would be a reasonable estimate to get this work completed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

R.

Comments

• BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    icebergx wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm picking up my "nearly new" Jaguar KF on Friday and, as with all nearly new cars, you need to compromise compared to ideal spec. As a result, I'm looking at ways to customise the car to make it look as I'd want.

Here it is:
    YM1OQFxA.jpg
    m402mwlU.jpg
    zJfguY0F.jpg
    Lg9WZtMT.jpg

The main things that I want to get done are:
    1) Wrapping some of the brushed metal trim in gloss black (two "blades" on lower-front air intake, front-grille surround, side power vents and thin trim on boot)
    2) Getting the "19 alloys painted gloss black

Does anyone have any recommendations for places in London where I could get these works done at a reasonable cost, in London?
    What would be a reasonable estimate to get this work completed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

R.
    No idea on the wrap, but I had the 18s on my 330ci professionally refurbished and a colour change powder coat to smoked chrome earlier in the year, and that cost me £280 all in.
  • RichardD1970
    Options
    icebergx wrote: »
    Hi all,

Pretty sure you mean Jaguar XF ;)
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Options
    For the wheels I've used Lepsons for a refurb and colour change - they're very good, but would cost you £3-400 for a set of 19s. Gloss black and satin black are standard colours before you get into premium prices for smoked chrome effects and whatnot.

My wheels were quite tatty and needed a refurb anyway so I fancied a colour change done as part of that process. Bit of a shame to pay the full whack for reconditioning if they are spotless and only need a colour change, but they chemically strip the wheels back to bare metal and give you a proper factory finish.

They are on a business park next to Gillingham station which is a 45min ride from St Pancras if you work in central london and wanted to leave your car, or otherwise they can arrange courier pickup of the wheels (the free version is limited to certain days of the week).

As for getting black wrap on your other bits, there are a number of people who've had this done on jaginfo.org which is the best XF forum. Some have DIY'd and others got the pros in. I see you don't need the window trim doing and just need the blades, vents and front/back chrome bits covered. Someone on that forum would probably have a recommendation as there will be a few regulars from London and South East. The work you want doing isn't really jag specific but you'll find that one to be a good forum anyway if you haven't found it already.
  • Iceweasel
    Iceweasel Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Get yourself a set of 'pre-owned' wheels off eBay and get them refurbed in the colour/finish you want.

That way you get a spare set for winter tyres or - dare I say it - to return the car to original spec when you eventually sell it, and you can sell on your gloss black wheels - possibly at a profit.

Your mods will reduce the number of potential buyers.

For every owner who wants to personalise his vehicle there are twenty who want it to be as near the way it left the factory as possible.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Looks great as it is! I had a friend in the trade and he used to call certain cars that had been modified "London cars"- back then it was gold wheel arch trims on Merc S classes etc.

OP- the wheel options sounds good.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Agree with the above but if you want to turn into a chav mobile then each to his own.
  • dannyrst
    dannyrst Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    Agree with the above but if you want to turn into a chav mobile then each to his own.

Lets all like the same things and have no personality! YAY!
  • neilmcl
    Options
    dannyrst wrote: »
    Lets all like the same things and have no personality! YAY!
    As I already said "each to his own"
  • dannyrst
    dannyrst Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    As I already said "each to his own"

Whilst also insulting him in the process...
  • neilmcl
    Options
    dannyrst wrote: »
    Whilst also insulting him in the process...
    Grow up, there was absolutely no insult in the post!

Just because I said it would look like a "chav mobile" is down to my personal opinion of what it might look like nothing to do with the owner of the car.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure