Affordable off-road rollator?

Hello,

Could anyone here suggest a rollator that can cope with going over un-even ground please?

I would love one with a seat to help in the garden but also to take in the car so I can walk short distances in areas my wheelchair can't manage.

I've been looking but they seem to cost hundreds of pounds. The trionic is £800 and a gemini £250ish.

I really don't walk very often or very far so don't want to spend so much money if the rollator turns out to be no use.

The physio recomended by my OT came out wth two very heavy steel framed walkers last year. I found them too heavy to steer and she suggested a lightweight alluminum tri-walker but said that i'd need to buy myself. Saved up and purchased and get a lot of use in the house but it gets stuck on slight bumps etc. So I don't think there is anybenefit in going back to ask an OT again.

Comments

• Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    I have this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Folding-lightweight-compact-rollator-walking/dp/B006IRY0QE/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1474307879&sr=8-2&keywords=elite+care+rollator

I haven't used it off road as such, but it's much better than my old one. It's lighter, and much easier to manoeuvre. The seat's comfy and takes my weight, which is high. Going up kerbs and stuff is fine. I think it'd be fine over grass and gravel, but not sand.

You could have a look on Amazon and ask questions on the pages of ones you like the look of? Or go to a mobility shop to try a few out, you can then buy online cheaper.

I wouldn't go with a tri walker because they tend not to have seats.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • Thank you Ames,

I have book marked that one.

The mobility shops here is pretty small and only interested in selling their brand of stuff. I was less than impressed last time with their knowledge sadly.

I think most will sink on sand. I would like something to go across gravelly car parks so i can get to picnic benches at view spots and farm shop cafe tables..i miss the countryside.

I have been reading lots of amazon reviews but keep coming across people who have been given the product for an honest review..but they so rarely mention anything less than glowing that i've got sceptical.

Thank you.. i'll have a good look at your suggestion..
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    I think it'd work fine on gravelly car parks. If I knew of one nearby I'd go and test it out!

I always read the negative Amazon reviews before the positive ones.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure