Gadget Crazy Abigail doesn't need a new iphone!

Options
123457»

Comments

• abby1234519
    abby1234519 Posts: 1,961 Forumite
    Options
    My new car arrived today.

It's beautiful. I can finally stop driving my other half's grotty old clio.

Finish work early today so that I can learn to drive my new car (electronic parking brake argh).

Must not put the wrong fuel in it.

In other news, made £110 MBing last night. Not bad! Still trying to meet my new £450 target so I can transfer that into savings. Then as of March I shall be using profits however small to pay off debt
    Money money money.

Debt
    Dec 2016: [STRIKE]£25,158.71[/STRIKE] £21,999.99

#28 Pay off debt in 2017 £3803.55
  • abby1234519
    Options
    Ok so today I have made a payment to debt that means I am now sub 22k owed. We owe £21,999.99. Feels amazing to say that. So I have 2k to pay to be under 20k.

Our cleaner started on Monday and the £33 (3 hours) was so worth it. I was able to come home and feel less stressed. Usually the house sets me off, the dirt gets under my skin and makes me irritable. I don't think I will ask her to come every week as that would be £132 a month that could go towards debt but I can live with £66 a month. It's forcing us to make sure we constantly tidy up after ourselves and whilst the cleaning is a work in progress, it has genuinely taken a load off my mind. I'm going to be back and forth from an office down south for the next couple of months, I'm just going to be so tired. Cleaner is more of a housekeeper to be honest, she arranges everything, if I leave bedding out she will do that as well. I really want her once a week but that's too much.

March is looking to be quite a tight month as I have "deleted" one of our incomes for the month from YNAB. Usually I transfer in £600 from OHs student finance into the main account however I'm not going to do that this month as I want to be in front with money, ie have a months money before the month starts, ie the YNAB way.

So going back to my £21,999.99 debt balance. I know I will be paying £390.05 in March from budgeted debt payments. £328.96 April, £326.17 in May.

Goals:

£200 MB each month = £600
    £100 each month eBay/facebook selling = £300

That leaves with £54.82 - maybe I could try to drive the car less? Spend less on food over 3 months?

This all hinges on being able to consistently make £200 a month matched betting and being able to sell stuff. I also need to not spend any money etc.

First steps - declutter my bedroom. I've got so much junk. Even if I can't sell it, I'll feel better clearing it out. I also need to mark down the days I can do MBing. I've not done any for a few weeks, I know I've got about £177.50 due in March from a bet that's currently placed but that will go back into the bankroll.

Tonight I will make mushroom and garlic pasta for work lunches, prepare porridge for work and bake snacks.

I will list clothes from the Wardrobe of the Never Worn on ebay.

Defrost two packs of mince in order to make Pastor Ryan's Bolognese sauce (thursdays cooking task).
    Money money money.

Debt

• abby1234519
    Options
    Argh!!! Just discovered that I have an offer on ebay that expires today

No insertion fees on up to 100 listings per day. For auction or fixed price listings

So I need to have a marathon ebay sesh tonight when I get home, food might have to wait :O
    Money money money.

Debt

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business