🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Unauthenticated Experian check

Options
How difficult / easy is it for a check to come back as unauthenticated?

Would it mean they are not on the Electoral Register? Have never made any credit applications?

What are the implications of being unauthenticated?

Thanks

Comments

• gillykms
    Options
    Hi

I was going to ask a question around the same issue.

I have previously tried to use MoneySavingExperts Credit Card Eligibility Checker and it said the information I provided could not be provided. I sent off for a copy of my statutory credit report and the only issue I can see is that is says I am on the electoral roll in my current and a past address.

I've also tried the new MSE Credit Club this week and again Experian are saying they can't verify my identity.

Does anyone know is this something I should be worried about? If I can't be verified by them does that mean I might not be verified by other lenders too?

I am going to contact the Electoral Commission to have my details updated, hoping that will solve the problem.

G
    Credit Card debt as of [STRIKE]Nov '16 - £12,052.89[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]Dec '16 - £10,853.97[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]Jan '17 - £10,671.97[/STRIKE], Feb '17 - £7,990.41
    Aim to be debt free - December 2017
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family