The trials & tribulations of a 1st time landlord & investor

Options

Comments

• TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,582 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Right viewing of two bed is Saturday but first view is tomorrow so I get to race across London to go there they joys. I've got busy morning so practically but don't get into work until 10am so no time at work and need to leave at 1pm. A person who now works for my old place of work is coming In tomorrow won't get much time to chat to him which is a real shame. Would really love this to be it for property messing around if it's even slightly ok we're taking it should be £50 a month more in rent and obviously slightly more in bills than one bed but means I won't need storage which would be so great it's untrue. Let's see might be awful beyond awful.

Spent 7.40 today £3.40 on ryebread for dinner and lunch tomorrow and £4 on Danish sweets lovely they were need to buy more as my stash has run out.

Board meeting tonight and CEO mistakenly replied to the wrong trustee not good a bit of a mess. Also found out I'm going to the annual conference up North fab way to catch up with old contactsI know.

Early night so tired and didn't get home until 8 due to board meeting.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• TallGirl
    Options
    Quick payday money shuffle update. £1000 back in savings account and £420 put into new savings acc that's £120 left over from the month and £300 dg paid for her rent on new place. That's £850 in savings need to get it up to £10k or at least £1550 like it was. More will go in this month once bills have gone out.

Off to work then wieving later fingers crossed it's ok and we get it.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• SuzieSue
    SuzieSue Posts: 4,097 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good luck.
  • TallGirl
    Options
    Got to the viewing on time but they were late as usually mix up with which property to see. Fourth floor with lift and big. Kitchen fine and bathroom and loo seperate. Best of all it's has a small balcony I love that. Worth things and major issue someone is living there and that's obovusly not good he did make a call to the office asking when they are moving out but didn't disclose to us. Guy from last week was there he is single and wants two bed. Girl who was happy with studio and then couple of guys who didn't seem keen I think they worried about price they asked for smaller place which he would have if he gives it to us as we would give out one bed up. He said I'll call you but I'm not sure it may not be a goer if they have to get the people out first. Usually they view with vacant possession. It would need major clean up its rank dirty but has blinds and second bedroom big enough for storage and study lounge nice size too.

I'm trying not to get excited but for £50 more a month it's a steel.

Should really read some emails but so tired.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• TallGirl
    edited 29 September 2017 at 10:56PM
    Options
    It's a no they other guaridan is staying no idea why I had to view today gutted so went out for burger and beers three weeks off drinking is still good. My tenant has moved out new one is coming in no idea if my gas certificate has been done. Left message with estate agent. Could do with things settling down but we still have one bed and I can afford storage it's just a was of money.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• TallGirl
    Options
    Call from estate agent tenant out and inventory and gas certificate done so that's all good. He'll make way for me to put stuff in the loft next weekend and the garden will be done out of the outgoing tenants deposit he left it in a mess which I knew.

Nice night last night actually much needed DG was right we always do tons of things at the weekend and it's nice just to chill and relax. Not too hungover today I think I had just about enough drink two pints and two very large vodkas. Didn't sleep too well.

I want to tot up my financial and work out my budget as I've got my wages now. Pensions are finally being moved even the lost one so that's great. DG is snoring away she'll be a while before she is functioning so I'll have some yoghurt in a minute.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• TallGirl
    edited 1 October 2017 at 9:25PM
    Options
    Finances looked at can't really do budget without knowing the new rent and bills but investment wise this is how it looks.

30% in cash incl premium bonds
    4% in S&S ISA
    9% in S&S non ISA
    15% in pension
    42% in property

Without the property it looks like this
    52% in cash incl premium bonds and peer to peer
    7% in S&S ISA
    15% in S&S non ISA
    26% in pension

I convert £64k into pension and stocks and shares a year plus I save £12k in high interest accounts. I hope that is ok I think it is or my IFA would do something else.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• TallGirl
    Options
    Quite productive made a huge slow cooker meal got five extra portions out of if after dinner had been eaten. Also make a ryebread which was nice as we don't have any in the freezer and it's expensive at £3.70 which is at least half the size of mine. Have loads of flour so no excuse really just takes about three hours from start to finish.

No spend so was yesterday in sure also DG paid for her lesson so can transfer that into savings pot. Work tomorrow but lunch done for two days and one more in fridge so don't think I'll be tempted to eat out. Late start tomorrow unless I go in early not sure. If late start I can have free latte in Waitrose.

Golf lesson good think I have fixed what was wrong it was really bad as I had started to not enjoy my game. Teacher/Pro is leaving at the end of the month but there is another guy so I can transfer my lessons to him. Should be fine just a shame as I really like him.

I think that's it
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• TallGirl
    Options
    Not a no spend day £5 on snacks in Poundland so cheap at least. So tired today and work dragged a bit but should speed up tomorrow meetings etc.

No news from Guardian company I'll call Wednesday if I don't hear and old company will soon be in touch as we aren't paying our rent this month as we're sure we won't get our deposit back. It's not protected don't have to for license and they have £600 x 2 so quite a lot.

Paid £85 over from DG for golf club member ship off to update savings signature now.

My tenant has booked in the boiler service and gas certificate but the boiler is broken so had to pay £60 excess. I've changed the policy so there's no excess £70 a year more but tax deductible so I think that's better. Prev tenant left the garden in a mess so they will sort that and also left so much rubbish a skip has been hired. I dread what the garden looks like now it's not my house it's an income.

She is ok for me to get into the loft sat or sun better remind friend I'm coming down. Won't be able to take my clubs as Im filling the car with stuff I don't want to put into storage.

That's it I think off to do some study one week behind on investment course.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• TallGirl
    Options
    3 x £25 win on the Premium Bonds more to move into savings once it is paid out.

Bill for mattress moving covers are here £75 but it's out of PayPal and I had that £30 credit for the rubbish bags I bought. £20 again on Oyster must claim those expenses. Wanted to get the 8.10 train but not going to happen will go for the 8.30 no Southern trains today due to strike so better not be late for that one.

DG left at 7am did have early night though
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure