🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Computer maintenance Job HSBC requiring credit check

Options
Hello everyone,

Recently applied for a contract job building up system computers at a HSBC building.

They require a credit check and I am slightly worried my many current accounts and recent credit card application may look bad?

I recently had 2 current accounts refused, first direct and m&s.

When HSBC perform this credit check will they ONLY be looking at the fraud/ccj/laundering aide of my history?

I have never missed a payment or had any of the above happen to me so I'm hopeful the checks not to also look at my actual credit rating as say someone loaning me money would look up?

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

D

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    They'll be looking for the CCJ/fraud type stuff.

You don't have a credit rating so they wouldn't be able to find that in any case.
  • Leedslad8t6
    Options
    Oh right, I got a lettrler through stating a refusal of an M & S account

"Unfortunately your credit score was not acceptable"

Just thought that might have shown up.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    No. That's the score M&S have given you. They won't be sharing that with anyone else.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport