Arrears - Reported 7 years later! Unknown accont1

Options
rh2607
rh2607 Posts: 5 Forumite
First Anniversary
edited 14 September 2016 at 12:07PM in Credit file & ratings
Hello,

I'm looking for some advice.

I logged into Noddle to view my free report - I was alarmed as it said my score had dropped to very poor. I quickly noticed an account I did not recognise - and it was marked as a late payment. The account is for an unsecured loan of £500. The following details are listed:

Account start date: 04 September 2009
Payment start date: 04 September 2009
Repayment frequency: Periodiclaly

There are no other historical payment markers, other than a '6' with a 'BB' code (sustained arrears) that has appeared in July 2016. The account was last updated on 01 July 2016.

It is listed at an address that I did live at, however I do not recognise the account whatsoever. They also have my date of birth listed incorrectly (by one day, only). I've reported it to Noddle, however they can take up to 28 days to get back to me.

I've no other issues on my credit report - I've just bought a house earlier in the year. I've since checked Experian and Equifax and it doesn't appear on there.

I'm confused as to how this has suddenly appeared - seven years after the purported loan was taken out. Why would the company wait so long if someone had taken out a loan and not repaid it? Should I contact the police - but as the debt is so old, would they be able to do anything?

Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport