Arrangement to pay- help needed

Options
Hi.
Looking for advice please! My credit file is showing an arrangement to pay for an RBS current account dated April 2014. There are no late payments showing and I did not go over my overdraft. I also had 2 loans with them which are showing as all payments up to date . However, in March, April and May 2014 I made late payments on one of the loans so I presume this is what had caused the problem. The payments were only around 2 weeks late, the full amount was paid and I then continued payments as normal. I have spoken to them over the phone initially and they couldn't explain it and the advisor confirmed there was nothing wrong with current account. I asked credit reference agencies to Investigate and rbs stated the info was correct. I then wrote asking rbs for clarification. I received a phone call saying that as my payment was late they I was in the wrong and the arrangement to pay is correct.
I know I paid late but I thought you only got a default notice if it was 3 to 6 months in arrears and my payment was less than 2 weeks later. I also didn't enter into any arrangement as I paid in full.
Any advice as how to resolve it would be appreciated as this is crippling my credit score! Thanks in advance

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 September 2016 at 8:29PM
    Options
    Crippling your score it maybe but it's the history lenders can see and not your score. Maybe send a subject access request for any information the bank has regarding the loan.
  • Red-sjd
    Options
    Hank you for the response! When I wrote to them I asked them for details surrounding this arrangement. I presume it's something that involves both parties and not something they can set up by themselves, not ignoring the fact that there was no alternative payment just my regular ones. I even explained the circumstances around the delayed payments- my situation had changed and job seekers and housing benefit stopped whilst they recalculated so I was left with no income for 6 weeks.
    My concern is the response I got from their reply which was basically I had done wrong therefore they were justified in destroying my credit file (she wasn't the most pleasant).
    I will attempt to write again using your terminology. Any idea where to go next though if I get the same response?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure