PPI Newbie

Options
Hi all,

I am a newbie to considering PPI claims and have a couple of questions.

Is there a historical time limit on claims? I recall having a Barclaycard approx 20 years ago and had some sort of protection on it.

Which leads me to my 2nd question .... I have no paperwork, account numbers etc on any of my previous loans/cards, is that an issue?

Would it be easier to use a company to do all legwork or crack on myself?

Thanks

Fish
It will be mine in 2009 member no: 377 (Car, TV, Laptop) :D
Total wins so far: Wall-E DVD :j

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    A company will ask you to do all the legwork and then ask you for some money as well.
  • northernfish
    Options
    Wow that's no fun
    It will be mine in 2009 member no: 377 (Car, TV, Laptop) :D
    Total wins so far: Wall-E DVD :j
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,610 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there a historical time limit on claims? I recall having a Barclaycard approx 20 years ago and had some sort of protection on it.

No. However, the further back you go in time on closed accounts, the less likely there is going to be statement data available.
    I have no paperwork, account numbers etc on any of my previous loans/cards, is that an issue?

Only if the provider/seller has no details either.
    I have no paperwork, account numbers etc on any of my previous loans/cards, is that an issue?

As mentioned above, no it wouldnt. Your data is not in the public domain. Your credit record can show the last six years of accounts (but not whether you had PPI or not). Beyond that, it is down to your records and your memory.

A CMC will ask you details and send a letter off to the companies you mention. Just as you would do if you were putting in the complaint yourself.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure