Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Donations Help - Bottled Water & Football Equipment - Suggestions?

Discodave
Discodave Posts: 617 Forumite
edited 11 September 2016 at 8:58AM in Charities
We're looking into the idea of organising an all day football event - nothing confirmed for dates, but we have put some feelers out for venues, and am now looking at donations/sponsorship

We have 2 or 3 areas we would like to request donations from ...

Bottled Water Supplies (We'd need 200-250)
Footballs / Kitbag supplies (6 balls and 1 large bag)

and a 3rd which is purely an idea (or perhaps brainwave!) ..

Water Bottles (with personalised message - again, 1 per person so around 300)

Now, with the bottled water, I guess its your usual suspects such as Tesco, Morrisions, Sainburys, Lidl, Aldi and Asda, and possibly Northumbrian Water (local).

For the sports equipment, we have SportsDirect, JD Sports, Kitbag and our local football club.

We don't have any idea about the Water Bottles, but did come across www.waterbottles.com which looks a good shout

Can anyone else think of any other companies we could possible get in touch with for ANY of the above? We've spoke to Buxton Water who came back within hours to state no can do.
«1

Comments

  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,018 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Are you a registered charity, a social enterprise or a not for profit?

    If you are then you may get some of the equipment you need from InKindDirect

    It can be a bit pot luck, but as it's free to join then worth a punt.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    Are you a registered charity, a social enterprise or a not for profit?

    If you are then you may get some of the equipment you need from InKindDirect

    It can be a bit pot luck, but as it's free to join then worth a punt.

    we're just two mates trying to fundraise for a local child with cancer... none of those apply!?
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    We got some water bottles from our local water authority, but they were emblazoned with their logo. But 300!!. How many teams are taking part in the tournament?
  • flea72 wrote: »
    We got some water bottles from our local water authority, but they were emblazoned with their logo. But 300!!. How many teams are taking part in the tournament?

    I'm waiting back from word on the court fees for my local pitch (they have 6x 7 aside courts)

    I'm hoping to have upto 5 groups per court, with 8/9 players per team

    so, 45 players per group, 6 groups = 270

    I wanna get as many teams to join as I think the pitch fees will be massive, even at reduced cost. The fees themselves will allow me to work out what is best.
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    has the venue youve approached held this type of event before? Just thinking logistics of parking for that many competitors.

    not putting a downer on it, but if youve not organised anything along this scale before, the overheads will be way beyond what you first envisage. pitches, refs, linesman, toilets, food, admin, insurance, first aid, advertising, trophies. Giving out free water/bottles should be way down your list of priorities in the planning stages
  • Discodave
    Discodave Posts: 617 Forumite
    edited 12 September 2016 at 9:58PM
    flea72 wrote: »
    has the venue youve approached held this type of event before? Just thinking logistics of parking for that many competitors.

    not putting a downer on it, but if youve not organised anything along this scale before, the overheads will be way beyond what you first envisage. pitches, refs, linesman, toilets, food, admin, insurance, first aid, advertising, trophies. Giving out free water/bottles should be way down your list of priorities in the planning stages

    I've held a similar one about 2 years ago at this same venue, albeit not for 300, but was for about 200. Parking is fine, massive carpark.

    Refs are volunteers/fundraisers and linesman are not needed. I'm doing all the admin/promo myself with another lad, and trophies are been given for free
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Great. Sounds like iyou've got it all in hand then. Hope you raise a good sum of money ��
  • flea72 wrote: »
    Great. Sounds like iyou've got it all in hand then. Hope you raise a good sum of money ��

    Something I love doing... and especially easier/more fun when you know the story behind the reason we are collecting
  • Have you friends who work for RBS, Nat West, Coutts, Ulster Bank, or Williams & Glyn? They did a charitable support thing of matching whatever the staff member made - so our primary school used to put them on the bottle tombola for the last hour...

    Other businesses have Corporate Social Responsibility boxes they may want to tick - worth checking for a donation if not actual kit/water etc.

    After all, email costs you time rather than money. If the local child has a JustGiving page or the like, it is simpler too. Have the parents anything like that set up?
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Discodave wrote: »
    we're just two mates trying to fundraise for a local child with cancer... none of those apply!?

    I'm listening to Radio Merseyside and they've just been talking about Everton making a decent donation towards a young lad that has cancer.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3786241/Everton-donate-200-000-Bradley-Lowery-s-cancer-fund-Sunderland-fan-leads-team-out.html

    Is that who you're trying to help ?
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

    Daniel Defoe: 1725.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards