Any ideas-racking up £2000 spend

So i've got an Amex Nectar card and i'm trying to hit the £2000 spend to get the bonus. Does anyone know of any good visa giftcard deals out there or any other ideas to help hit this?

Comments

• Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Forumite
    Just do your normal spending on the card
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 27,877
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You can do gift cards for other stores in Morrisons if you will spend in them anyway but at a later date and I think you still get money off fuel?
    I think....
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,515
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Senior Ambassador
    michaels wrote: »
    You can do gift cards for other stores in Morrisons if you will spend in them anyway but at a later date and I think you still get money off fuel?

you get morrisons more points now, not fuel discount
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected].
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • hi

i racked up the £2000 for amex with buying gift cards for tesco, sainsbury etc from ebay by bulk buying them.

also, paying for car or home insurance also works if they are due as some companies don't charge extra for credit cards like churchill for example.

also you can use a an app to buy giftcards called zeek, as when you buy gift cards from ebay or zeek, you save money on them anyway as you get £50 worth of gift for £45 for example and then you also get money off from Amex.

when you get enough points make sure to wait for double nectar points before spending them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure