My Bristol Roadshow - Want to come along?

MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Series 6 of ITV's "The Martin Lewis Money Show" will be coming back later this year and we're doing the roadshows again.

When: Thursday 15 September from c. 11:30am - 5:30pm
Where: Bristol's Cabot Circus, outside House of Fraser
What: Come for one of three reasons

1. To ask a question: Ask me (Martin) a question on anything money saving. So savings, mortgages, PPI, flight delays, lifetime ISAs, help to buy ISAs, cutting the cost of your shopping, energy switching, complaining, marriage tax allowance, childcare, food shopping, how to have a better love life (ok not the last one, but you get the point).

2. Tell us of a win: If you've followed what the show or I have done before and you want to tell us how well it’s worked, come and tell us your story.

3. Just come along to say hi. We'll be doing some experiments, some cash mob explanations and just having a chat with people. So feel free to pop along and watch what's going on.

Should I tell you that I'm coming? You don't have to, just pop along. But if you want to contact the team first to set something specific up or tell us of a saving, email... mlmsapplications@itv.com

See you there!
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• bilbobaggins
    bilbobaggins Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 September 2016 at 9:38AM
    It's not always/entirely about VFM. I value outstanding Customer Service - and you try to evaluate that in your Energy Co ratings. Every company seems to have a well-structured 'Complaints Procedure', but little or nothing to permit a 'thank you'. I believe saying 'thank you' for top service encourages more of that and, if made public within the company, encourages more people to emulate that practice.

So I'd like to see companies have a parallel 'Compliments' procedure - a Green Channel as well as a Red one. And I'd like MSE to champion this.... in the interests of us all.

Specifically, and to set the ball rolling, I had cause for expressed dissatisfaction with E.ON.... problems with metering. My third discussion caused CS operative 'Weslyn' to identify courteously the problems. He decided to escalate my concerns as a Complaint and spoke directly to a Complaints Manager, 'Maxwell', who then spoke directly to me. His work with me was thorough, painstaking and wholly satisfactory. He did for me exactly as he said he would, and when. I've 'been around the block' and I know top service when I get it. What those two did was Customer Service as it should be, elsewhere, and I shall write directly to the company to that end, next week.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
  • Hello Martin Lewis . I really enjoyed coming to your roadshow today. It was excellent to meet and you ask my mortgage. Thanks for your advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure