MSE News: NatWest and RBS extend deadline for student account interest refund letters

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Student Money Saving
2 replies 1.6K views
MSE_LukeMSE_Luke MSE Staff
295 Posts
Fourth Anniversary
MSE Staff
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Student Money Saving
NatWest and RBS have extended the deadline for contacting customers about receiving refunds for wrongly charged interest...
Read the full story:
'NatWest and RBS extend deadline for student account interest refund letters – but some of their staff remain unaware'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• I've had an account from 2000 to Present. It became a student account around 2007 and graduate in 2012. My overdraft was extended right up to their £2k limit. Sounds like I may have been affected?
  • I dont think you will be...it seems to suggest everything upto £2k was interest free and additional borrowing above this was charged interest. However I could be wrong.

The only other aspect was if your account switched to a student/graduate service account...if this was a case you could argue that it's misleading but I would wait until November before worrying too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides