Can I choose my plane seats with Online Booking Agencies

Options
I've seen some pretty good prices for hotels and flights on sites like Expedia and Ebookers.

I know that if you book directly with British Airways of Virgin you can pick your seats 24 hours before your flight, can this be done with sites like Expedia and Ebookers.

Appreciate any feedback.

Comments

• Raymondo111
    Options
    With Expedia they give you your Airline booking reference so say you have booked with Virgin flights you use this reference to manage your booking, the same goes with BA. Not sure about eBookers though but I have used other TA's who once you have booked leave it up to you to sort actual seats which you can book in advance at a fee then do online check in 24 hours before.
  • malkie76
    malkie76 Posts: 6,170 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Only if ticketed. Some agencies take your money and hold non-ticketed bookings with the airlines until closer to the flight. The bigger "safer" agencies will organise ticketing immediately, but the smaller "dodgy" ones often don't.

Check with the agency - ask if they provide a airline PNR at time of booking - then you are free to log into the airline website and select your seat (if permitted at time of booking), or 24hrs if not.
    Legal team on standby
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Booked several times with both eBookers and Expedia (now part of the same group I think anyway) and had my airline booking reference emailed to me almost instantly.

This meant I could log in to the airline website and view my booking, select seats (either for free or at a cost depending on the airlines own policy), add passenger information as well as use online check in.
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've booked several times with Ebookers too & always got to choose my seat with Emirates.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure