Home Insurance Second House & Previous Claims

Hi All

I bought a house and then put my old house up for sale. The old house was still up for sale when Storm Desmond struck and flooded the area. I made a claim against the company i had my old house insured with and all has been sorted. My new house insurance is up for renewal and when filling in the online forms it asks if i have had any previous claims in the last five years. My question is do i declare the claim on my old house even though it is on a different property some 10 miles away from my new one? I'm thinking i probably should to be safe but i can't seem to find anything on the net that clarifies what is required when its a second property. My new house is on a hill and will not flood from any local water sources and I have lived there for 2 years. Other than that one claim on my old house i've no other claims previous.

Kind regards
Shaun

Comments

• Unless the question specifically relates to claims at your current address only; then you will need to disclose the claim. It's your claim history that is generally asked about.

One of the aggs (I think Confused) gives you the option to specify the claim was at a different address.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    You do need to disclose it as advised above.

But the issue of any flood at your new property won't be affected - this will be covered by a separate question/assumption on your application relating to any flooding history at the property being covered now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure