We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Amazon Dash - Push a button to order your next shopping

Options
2

Comments

  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Technically easier maybe but I also know how much of an idiot I am, I'd end up pressing the wrong button and getting loo rolls when I needed coffee :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    So we're going to have fleets of vans delivering everyone's household supplies one item at a time? Brilliant!
  • onlyroz
    onlyroz Posts: 17,661 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    jack_pott wrote: »
    So we're going to have fleets of vans delivering everyone's household supplies one item at a time? Brilliant!
    Perhaps this is a use for the Amazon Drone - I can just imaging bog rolls and dishwasher tablets falling from the sky.
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    I don't think I use enough of any of the products to justify buying those pack sizes, regardless of how they're ordered. Even toilet roll it'd take me about a year to get through 45 rolls, and I've nowhere to store them. Plus my phone's a windows one so it wouldn't work anyway.

    It also relies on someone being in to take delivery.

    I wonder how long it'll be before the first 'my child ordered play-doh every day for a month, how do I get my money back' moans.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I like the car delivery plan they've got. Basically you order goods and have it delivered to the boot of your car. They are trying to get Audi to introduce new technology on the boot of their cars to allow Amazon to access them to put the parcels in!

    They do come up with some good ideas at Amazon. Must be a great company to work for if you're into inventions!
  • Grenage
    Grenage Posts: 2,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think I'd rather have a lock-box with a pin code outside my door, than give some random bloke access to my car.
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ames wrote: »
    I wonder how long it'll be before the first 'my child ordered play-doh every day for a month, how do I get my money back' moans.

    I was wondering about that. The ads show the button being put in 'useful' places so I was wondering what would happen when 'bored child on the loo' decides to press the loo roll button twenty or thirty times. Do you get twenty or thirty packs of loo roll turning up? Presumably there's some kind of failsafe but it kind of spoils the 'one-click' aspect if you then have to approve the purchase elsewhere, for example through an email. Maybe you can set order limits? Although it would still be annoying if stuff you didn't know had been ordered turned up.
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Callie22 wrote: »
    I was wondering about that. The ads show the button being put in 'useful' places so I was wondering what would happen when 'bored child on the loo' decides to press the loo roll button twenty or thirty times. Do you get twenty or thirty packs of loo roll turning up? Presumably there's some kind of failsafe but it kind of spoils the 'one-click' aspect if you then have to approve the purchase elsewhere, for example through an email. Maybe you can set order limits? Although it would still be annoying if stuff you didn't know had been ordered turned up.

    The rule is that you can only press the button once per item and no further button presses will do anything until the first item has been delivered.
    So for instance if you press the toilet roll button fifty times in five minutes only one lot of toilet rolls will turn up.

    It seems a sensible fail safe.
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    Ames wrote: »
    I don't think I use enough of any of the products to justify buying those pack sizes, regardless of how they're ordered. Even toilet roll it'd take me about a year to get through 45 rolls, and I've nowhere to store them.

    One toilet roll lasts you about 8 days? :eek:

    I think it's a good idea in theory. However, I get our toilet roll from Home Bargains/B&M, 18 pack for a lot cheaper than you'd pay in the supermarkets. Just as good as any big brand name. So, as I don't get named brands anyhow, (or even if I did, could still get it cheaper than buying it online) it wouldn't work out good value for money IMO.

    Depends on how far they extend it out, and to what brands. I think it's a handy idea to have in the bathroom say, for razors for example. A simple click of the button and it's done. I like convenience, but I wouldn't pay over the odds for it, and for what is basically just for a fancy button, and would rather just do it the normal way instead.
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    One toilet roll lasts you about 8 days? :eek:

    I think it's a good idea in theory. However, I get our toilet roll from Home Bargains/B&M, 18 pack for a lot cheaper than you'd pay in the supermarkets. Just as good as any big brand name. So, as I don't get named brands anyhow, (or even if I did, could still get it cheaper than buying it online) it wouldn't work out good value for money IMO.

    Depends on how far they extend it out, and to what brands. I think it's a handy idea to have in the bathroom say, for razors for example. A simple click of the button and it's done. I like convenience, but I wouldn't pay over the odds for it, and for what is basically just for a fancy button, and would rather just do it the normal way instead.

    One roll lasts about a week, yes. I'm not sure if you're saying that's a lot or not?
    Save
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards