Is Npower selling accounts to Iresa?

Options
I got back from holiday to be confronted with a final bill from Npower and was told by the ombudsman that Iresa had taken over my energy account. Npower closed my account on 1st August without my consent and gave it to another energy company called IRESA! ? ive never heard of them or dealt with these ppl. It has been nearly a month without knowing that another energy company has my energy/address and personal details!

Comments

• dogshome
    dogshome Posts: 3,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Very Strange
    Have you contacted n'power and asked them how this came about ?

Haven't previously heard of IRESA so presume they are relatively new , but however how this change happened, on looking at their tariffs maybe it's done you a favour
    They offer a one year fix, which for the Eastern Region has tariff prices of:
    GAS - 2.201p per Kw with a 14.08p Daily Standing charge
    ELEC 9.989p per Kw with a 12.58p Daily Standing charge
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    TRAY70s wrote: »
    I got back from holiday to be confronted with a final bill from Npower and was told by the ombudsman that Iresa had taken over my energy account. Npower closed my account on 1st August without my consent and gave it to another energy company called IRESA! ? ive never heard of them or dealt with these ppl. It has been nearly a month without knowing that another energy company has my energy/address and personal details!
    Duplicate post
    I answered your question in the other thread you asked this question in
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5454979 (post#21)
  • nPower
    nPower Posts: 1,319 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TRAY70s wrote: »

Hi Tray70s

Thanks for your post. If IRESA have taken over your supply without your permission this is known as an Erroneous Transfer. If you'd like to bring your supply back to npower, please get in touch via our profile page with your account/address details and we'll do what we can to transfer your supply back as quickly as possible.

Kind regards

Jess :)
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure