Should we take out income protection & private health care ?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
2 replies 642 views
Babiesmummy_2Babiesmummy_2 Forumite
914 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
Hubby has recently been made redundant. We have paid off all our debts (excl mortgage).He now has a new job (£85k) but there is no sickness benefit other that SSP.
My thoughts are to get income protection (accident & sickness cover) and possibly private health care for hubby.

Do both of those sound like the best senario based on his situation ?

Thanks in advance

Born and bred in Manchester (proud of it)
Now living on the other side of the Pennines


  • Both are fair enough options, you may want to consider PHI but its difficult to recommend anything as the rest of your circumstances are not clear (eg children, income, mortgage remaining, your own situation, any other properties, your health history, savings, plans etc).
  • csgohan4csgohan4 Forumite
    9.8K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    If you can afford it, go for Income protection critical illness and Life insurance if you have children. Health insurance is a bonus.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

    G_M/ PIxie/ Bowelhead99 RIP
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals