Most secure payment system?

Options
Hello

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this so forgive me if it isn't.

I'm going to have a booth at an art fair soon and so I can avoid having to use the organisers credit card system which adds on a percentage (and takes 45 days to clear), I'm trying to find a secure payment option for both the buyer and me.

I know I could use PayPal on my phone but I'm worried that they could raise a dispute after they've taken the painting. Ideally I'd like to find a way that they can pay quickly and take the work with them and I can trust that the money stays with me. Apart from cash are there any other options. Bank transfer? Portable payment devices? Can the money be taken back out of my account? Does anyone have any advice?
I would if I could but I can't so I won't!

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cash and bank transfer are both final, it would take legal action for the money to be returned. However, both have disadvantages: cash is insecure and buyers may not have enough on them, bank transfer is fiddly and to be honest I doubt if many people would want to bother doing it (and a further disadvantage is that it is unlikely to be instant in all cases, so what do you and the buyer do until the transfer is complete?).

There are mobile card payment solutions such as izettle, you'd need to check the costs and suitability for your purposes.
  • Expat2016
    Expat2016 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Check out Stripe for card payments - stripe.com

I've not used it personally but I know people who have.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure