Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Well done mrsp!

Maman - I buy spinach rather than salad leaves and find this lasts much longer, up to two weeks in fridge. I can use it in salads as leaves or cooked.
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,562 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    squishy - Maman has already suggested some things you can batch cook but anything which reheats OK, or can be eaten cold, can be frozen. At this time of year things like soups & casseroles, which you can get loads of Speed veg into.

I make quite a lot of curries, both meat & veggie which freeze well. The spices seem to intensify when frozen so you might want to make them slightly milder than usual if you're going to be freezing them.

I don't know if you know but you can also freeze jacket potatoes, so you could cook a load when you have the oven on for something else and then cool, wrap & freeze. A great emergency meal which you can microwave from frozen if you need to although I prefer to defrost and reheat in the oven whenever possible. Don't forget to add some salad on the side for Speed!

Have a look in the freezers at the supermarket and see if there is anything that inspires you to have a go at and then freeze yourself. HTH.

Denise
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Meals today

B - banana, 2 x alpen light heb
    L - big salad, 8 syns for coleslaw and potato salad
    D - roast veg and quorn sausages 2 syns.
    Snacks - mini roll 5.5syns, cheese hea x 2. Wholemeal bread heb 2 syns for butter.

• squishylove1989
    Options
    Joedenise thank you for those ideas, did not know you could freeze jackets! Will certainly do that in future. Do they take long to cook once defrosted?

I love a good curry so will certainly add that to my list.
    Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and remind them who they are dealing with
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,562 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Joedenise thank you for those ideas, did not know you could freeze jackets! Will certainly do that in future. Do they take long to cook once defrosted?

I love a good curry so will certainly add that to my list.

I usually just microwave for about 3 minutes then stick a knife in it and put against my lip - if it's hot then it's had long enough, if only warm give it another couple of minutes! A lot depends on whether you're microwaving the potato from fridge temp or room temp. Obviously the colder it is the longer it'll take.

Denise
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Welcome back Tete, good to see you :wave:

Hi Prudent, it's the normal baked oats recipe (here) with the flavours changed. I added 2 tbsp. gingerbread syrup and 1 tbsp. choc shot (1 syn). although you could use cocoa, sweetner and ginger powder to get the same effect. There's loads of different flavour combination which stop it getting boring, just add some fruit and yogurt to serve and it's a really filling breakfast. Hope that helps :D

Squishy, the SW tikka masala sauce from Iceland is lovely, I always have a pot in the freezer for stand by emergency takeaway cravings. It's £1.50 and serves 2, just add chicken or veg... or both :D

So decorating went a bit wrong today - the cat jumped on my freshly glossed windowsill :mad: so I had to chase him down, lock him in the bathroom and scrub his paws clean! he screams at the best of times when his paws are being touched but today was horrendous, we're both traumatised by the event.. :( Hopefuly he didn't get time to lick any or much of it off but i'm keeping an eye on him just in case.

Anyway on to the chart..

SOTW* is.... :T:j:TRJHAMMOND:T:j:T with a loss of 2.0lbs!!

Congratulations!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

*SOTW is the person who has lost the most weight this week, but also had a loss or sts last week.

halloween_zpstn39v3sh.png
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great loss mrsp & flutterby :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Shala~~eek to the cat!!
    I am getting my new doors varnished tomorrow!!
    Hope my boy keeps out of the way!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I actually buy the frozen jacket potatoes. I know they're much more expensive than a regular one but for convenience sake they're amazing. 5 minutes in the microwave and boom, done perfect jacket potato. In those 5 minutes they're in the microwave I'm usually making the filling or getting the salady-bits together so it's twice as convenient!
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Thanks for the chart Shala. I'm on hols next week so won't be weighing. Very pleased I hit my target for this challenge :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family