Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,562 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    wizkid1 wrote: »
    Cheers Maman I will make a note of that just in case it happens again x

It was half a slice of Crustless bread 1 syn

1 Ryvita Blackpepper Thin. not shown on line but probably 1.5 the same as the sweet chilli one. Multi seed is 2 but would think that would be higher than the black pepper one

And not even 15 g of Lancashire crumbly.Think Maman's got it right at about 3

Thanks.

Wiz. Few notes above in Red. Looks like 5.5 syns in total so all looking good.

Denise
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks Denise x
  • squishylove1989
    Options
    Drawing a line under the weekend and starting afresh. Hoping to lose 1 stone to 1 1/2 stone by Christmas. Keeping my fingers crossed for a decent loss this weekend. Going to use my fitbit and track what I am eating with my fitbit (not so much for the calories but more so, so I can keep it as a food diary!)

Love reading what everyone else is eating so I can get some ideas. I am currently not going to group (actually didn't find the consultant very helpful and it was the second group I had been to.) Find online chat groups with people more helpful.

You guys are inspiring!
    Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and remind them who they are dealing with
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,562 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Squishy - If it would help you you could post your menus on here and there will always be someone around to comment and help.

Do you plan your meals for the week or just decide day to day what you're going to eat? I, and many others, find it helpful to plan, but of course it's up to you.

I know what you mean about groups. I think a good consultant is really helpful. I do actually go to group but really don't like the happy, clappy thing but my consultant doesn't do that every week thankfully!

Denise
  • squishylove1989
    Options
    Joedenise I admittedly have not planned the first few days of this week. Tomorrow I will be doing the food shop with batch cooking on a Wednesday as I am off work (any slimming world friendly meal ideas that can be cooked in bulk and frozen would be a great help). I was slim up until about 5 years ago when the weight started creeping on. At the same time I was diagnosed with several illnesses and due to fatigue found takeaways and no exercise became my way of life (that is the first time I have admitted that out loud!) I was previously very active including 4 hours of mixed martial arts a week. I don't drive so walk everywhere. I realistically have 4 stone to lose but like I said, would really like to see 1 stone to 1 1/2 by the end of the year.

I will be trying to do meal prep Wednesdays and Sundays to stop myself reaching for the takeaway menu. Perhaps I will post my menu either daily or just the Wednesday and Sunday so you can see what I have cooked up. Advice would be gratefully received.

The first group I went to had their favourites and spent her time chatting to them. We did go round the group and did the whole clapping thing that was incredibly awkward. The second group used to just go round the group doing weight gains and losses but ideas weren't really shared. There wasn't really time once they had gone round.

Jacket Potato and baked beans for dinner :)

My first group (oh
    Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and remind them who they are dealing with
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :T on your loss flutterby. Brilliant!!

Thanks for the tip shala. I'll try that red slaw. You're right I find pickles much easier than salad stuff to go with cold meats and JPs. I buy tomatoes and spring onions as I can cook with them but very few leaves or cucumber as they go off quickly if I don't fancy eating them. Pickled cabbage and beetroot are my current favourites since Lidl stopped making big jars of cornichons:(.

You'll probably lose a bit just by not eating take aways squishy but when you do your meal plan and matching shopping list you need to have the EE plan in mind. I translate that as a third of everything you eat should be Speed food (fruit and vegetables from the lists). That's my version as SW says at each meal but I average it across the day. Obvious things for batch cooking are Bolognese and chilli. You'll need 5% mince on your list and add in as many vegetables (tomatoes, onions, carrots, peppers, mushrooms, courgettes) as you can. I also make a veggie chilli to pour over jackets for an easy meal. Your baked beans tonight are healthy protein but not Speed.

I think it's fair to say that the SW ready meals in Iceland haven't received rave reviews on here but they would be a stand by. Personally I buy things like Sainsbury's BGTY burgers and Cumberland sausages which are 1 syn each.
  • squishylove1989
    Options
    Maman thank you for the tips. I would rather have low syn items that I can chuck in the oven rather than use the slimming world microwave meals (just personal preference). I don't tend to snack and just eat my 2-3 meals a day. I often skip breakfast and even if I am hungry will wait until dinner. Perhaps this is an added place where I am falling down. I'm trying to increase my water in take too.

Damn it, thought baked beans were a speed! Gutted lol. Will have some fruit to make up for it.

You guys are such a lovely bunch. I'm sure you'll keep me on track ☺️
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Weighed in and lost 2 1/2 lbs, so back at 1 1/2 under target weight. Very pleased and also pleased with the spicy lentil soup I made yesterday for lunch at work today. Was yummy and filling and I've still got 2 more portions in the fridge
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done mrsp :)
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 October 2016 at 7:22PM
    Options
    Great loss Flutterby and thank you for the offer of help :). I feel a bit better today having split my HEA to allow some cheese. I might just need to wean myself off milk in tea.

greentiger we are planning on doing the mountain railway one of the days. I am just hoping the weather is reasonable as there is so much that I want to do. I would also like to visit the reindeer herd, the wildlife park, go on the steam railway plus all the outdoor activities. Plenty of body magic if the weather holds!

Eating felt a bit easier today.

B. overnight oats. HEB I enjoyed this recipe and have stocked up on frozen berries and 0% yoghurt today.

L. Baked potato with a pepper and bean chilli, salad and half HEA in grated cheese. A pear.

D. Quorn spag bol, pasta and salad. Baked apple with 0% yoghurt 6 syns. I might have a wee treat later.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure