Experian won't fix my credit report

Hi everyone,

I've been having trouble getting Experian to fix some missing information on my credit report for the past 2 months, with no solution so far. The problem started when I got a credit application declined, and after checking my Experian statutory credit report I noticed that the "Credit Account Information" section as well as a "Notice of correction" have disappeared from my report.

Since then I have exchanges countless email to their support team, and as a last resort I have sent them all supporting documentation requested under the promise that they would fix the issues. Today I got a new version of my credit report, where both the "Credit Account Information" and "Notice of correction" are still missing, and on top of that they added an incorrect linked address to my report.

It feels to me that Experian is unwilling to fix the mistakes on my credit report, while bullying me into singing up for their expensive services.

Any advice on how to proceed?

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Your not bullied at all into signing up for the service.
  • Experian_company_representative
    Experian_company_representative Posts: 2,134 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Lleroth, I'm sorry to hear that your account information is still not showing on your credit report.
    One of the most common reasons that this happens is when an account has been recorded under a different version of your address than that used to produce the credit report.
    Our blog covers this in more detail here.
    I can get this checked for you if you [EMAIL="uksocialsupport@experian.com"]email[/EMAIL] your details (name, date of birth and address) to me.
    Kind regards
    Neil
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Experian. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"

Posts by James Jones, Neil Stone, Stuart Storey & Joe Standen
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport