We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Savings Account: 16 Year Old
dills18
Posts: 15 Forumite
I visited Martin early June at his show in Leeds,
I spoke to him about getting my first job and wanting to save for University, my first driving lessons etc etc.. He recommended opening an Easy Savers Account from Halifax and setting aside around £100 each month, bearing in mind this was pre-brexit. Now its post brexit and I have held off opening an account just to see what would happen. Surely enough a HalifaxEasy Savers seems to have seriously gone down interest rate wise, so I am asking, which is the best option for me now?
Thanks
I spoke to him about getting my first job and wanting to save for University, my first driving lessons etc etc.. He recommended opening an Easy Savers Account from Halifax and setting aside around £100 each month, bearing in mind this was pre-brexit. Now its post brexit and I have held off opening an account just to see what would happen. Surely enough a HalifaxEasy Savers seems to have seriously gone down interest rate wise, so I am asking, which is the best option for me now?
Thanks
0
Comments
-
We haven't exited yet.
You could go onto the various bank and building society websites and look at what they offer.0 -
Do you have a JISA? If not consider for university savings?
http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/savings/junior-isa/features-and-benefits
You might want to consider a Santander 123 mini current account for the rest.
http://www.santander.co.uk/uk/current-accounts/123-mini-accounts/123-mini-current-account/?cid=afl-ca-phg-money-mini0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards