Options

Comments

• stevenpc
    stevenpc Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 November 2017 at 1:36PM
    Options
    GunJack wrote: »
    How does that work in these days of online account management and no paper statements?

if youre bank account is still active you can if you have a printer print them off if you dont ahve a printer you can pop in2 your bank and ask them and they will print them off for you.Thats what i was able to do with an active bank account.However in my case they wanted statements from bank accounts that had been closed for several years so that was not so easy.If you dont have a bank branch and its just the type thats online only you can either phone and ask them for statements to be sent to you ( could be a charge and expensive ) or send a sar with the required fee think its £10 and they have to send them to you but they have 40 days to do it.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    How does that work in these days of online account management and no paper statements?

Statements you have printed from an online account would normally be accepted. Photocopies aren't generally accepted because it is so easy to doctor them.
  • stevenpc
    Options
    do you have to allow them to copy your statements or can you refuse but allow them to make notes from the statements?
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    stevenpc wrote: »
    as its now been almost 9 months since i handed statements into dwp with a letter saying they where to be returned and todate they have not been returned and have not replied to 2 letters what if any action can i take to get them back b4 they end up on some council tip ?

Sadly the DWP do lose a lot of correspondence, but hopefully they scanned the statements even if they lost the originals later on.

But failure to reply is maladministration in itself, so best complaining to the manager of the local JCP or Council dept (or District/Area JCP, if the two letters you mention were already sent to the JCP to no avail).

JCP > Area JCP > Chief Operating Officer @ DWP HQ > ICE is the route to take for complaints.

Most should be resolved at Area, although complaining to HQ can sometimes speed up the local office.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • TELLIT01
    Options
    stevenpc wrote: »
    do you have to allow them to copy your statements or can you refuse but allow them to make notes from the statements?

You have to allow them to copy the statements. There may be information on there which is relevant, but not immediately obvious.
  • stevenpc
    Options
    any letters and bank statements i have sent have been addressed F.A.O.
    then name and address provided by the compliance officer and marked not to be opened this is as it was written down by the compliance officer at the interview in march. they where handed in to the local job centre and receipts obtained.I now have another interview on 5th December.
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    Statements you have printed from an online account would normally be accepted. Photocopies aren't generally accepted because it is so easy to doctor them.

Surely it's as easy to doctor something on a pc before printing (unless you're talking screenshots, but even then) and possibly easier than doctoring a photocopy, hence me asking...
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • TELLIT01
    Options
    Surely it's as easy to doctor something on a pc before printing (unless you're talking screenshots, but even then) and possibly easier than doctoring a photocopy, hence me asking...

There's really not much point in going down the 'what if' scenarios. All I can say is what we would and would not accept when I worked on benefit processing.
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    There's really not much point in going down the 'what if' scenarios. All I can say is what we would and would not accept when I worked on benefit processing.

Fair'nuff, was interested as a techie, that's all :)
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • paragon909
    paragon909 Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Options
    Last time I had a benefit check the agent was extremely arrogant, Demanded a years worth of statements, Told me if I didn't provide all my bank accounts, They would be able to search using some tool they said and demand I give all statements, Failure to comply would stop all benefits.

Seemed like bullying tactics when I had it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure