Another walkers competition

Options
Does anyone trust this after the 20.000 trips one?

Win £10,000 every week + 2 million other prizes [Purchase]
Thanks to those who help us to win !
<3

Comments

• compingtinkertink2010
    Options
    I never want to see a crisp again! Don't think I will be doing this one.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 23 August 2016 at 11:33PM
    Options
    There was nothing wrong with the process for selecting winners on the 20,000 trips one, it was just many people misunderstood the process which was not helped by the way it was promoted.

The current one is nearly all small prizes (2,800,000) and only 11 "proper" ones of £10,000 so the total cost of this promotion will be far far less than they actually gave away on the holiday one even if (as I think likely) almost all these prizes are won.

It's posted here if anyone is looking http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5514862 )
  • marialionza
    marialionza Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    There was nothing wrong with the process for selecting winners on the 20,000 trips one, it was just many people misunderstood the process which was not helped by the way it was promoted.

The current one is nearly all small prizes (2,800,000) and only 11 "proper" ones of £10,000 so the total cost of this promotion will be far far less than they actually gave away on the holiday one even if (as I think likely) almost all these prizes are won.

It's posted here if anyone is looking http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5514862 )
    Sorry to contradict you but the way it was promoted was Walker's idea. Now they are trying to make believe there was a "misunderstanding" ....
    Thanks to those who help us to win !
    <3
  • mjm3346
    Options
    Sorry to contradict you but the way it was promoted was Walker's idea. Now they are trying to make believe there was a "misunderstanding" ....

as I said
    it was just many people misunderstood the process which was not helped by the way it was promoted.

People saw the figure of 20,000 holidays and without reading the T&C's (or not understanding them if they did) assumed that was how many would be won without realising for that to happen every code from the 100's of millions of promotional packs would need to have been entered.
  • mjm3346
    Options
    This promotion is similar in that it also requires all codes to be entered for all the prizes to be won but although the T&C's state " 25,000 x £20 Leisure Vouchers to be won" the main blurb just says 1,000's and that and the entry form state "Not all prizes will be won"

http://toffifeetime.co.uk/
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The current Jarlsberg on pack promo is similar - prizes allocated to 10 second slots, if no one enters a code within that 10 second slot, the prize isn't allocated, it doesn't go back into the prize pot - it just disappears.
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
  • Cathp808
    Cathp808 Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    Options
    I am staying clear of this one. I could not eat another packet _pale_
    "And may the odds be ever in your favor."
    :kisses2: :kisses: :j :beer: :rotfl::T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income