We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Shawbrook Bank reducing rates tomorrow

Yet another one reducing rates but if you open an account by 3-30pm tomorrow you still have 7 days to fund it at the existing rates.

https://www.shawbrook.co.uk/savings/
«1

Comments

  • Ifts
    Ifts Posts: 1,963 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    I got this in an email from them today about their rates reduction:
    With effect from 3:30pm, Tuesday 23rd August, we will be making the following changes:

    95 Day Notice Personal Savings Account -
    Issue 25 paying 1.25% AER (variable/annual).
    Minimum investment amount £1,000.00.

    120 Day Notice Personal Savings Account -
    Issue 36 paying 1.35% AER (variable/annual).
    Minimum investment amount £1,000.00.

    1 Year Fixed Rate Bond -
    Issue 41 paying 1.30% AER (fixed/annual).
    Minimum investment amount £1,000.00.

    3 Year Fixed Rate Bond -
    Issue 35 paying 1.60% AER (fixed/annual).
    Minimum investment amount £5,000.00.

    5 Year Fixed Rate Bond -
    Issue 23 paying 2.00% AER (fixed/annual).
    Minimum investment amount £5,000.00.

    You can apply online for the new product issues from 3:30pm Tuesday 23rd August.The Fixed Rate Bond and Notice products being withdrawn from sale will remain open for additional funding by existing customers until close of business on Tuesday 30th August.

    Never let the perfume of the premium overpower the odour of the risk
  • djpailo
    djpailo Posts: 551 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    How long does it take for them to process a faster payment?
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    djpailo wrote: »
    How long does it take for them to process a faster payment?

    Faster payment made today at 2pm from Barclays shown on my account at 4pm.

    They claim an electronic payment made before 5 pm on a banking day should reach your account the same day, otherwise it will be credited the next banking day.
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Interesting to note that the interest on their 90 and 120 days notice accounts , although reducing for new accounts, existing account holders keep the higher rate albeit no further deposits can be made.

    This seems to be different from most banks, and although not being able to add to the account is a bind, but you can't expect to have it both ways.
  • 2010
    2010 Posts: 5,634 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    FOREVER21 wrote: »
    Interesting to note that the interest on their 90 and 120 days notice accounts , although reducing for new accounts, existing account holders keep the higher rate albeit no further deposits can be made.

    You can still add to existing accounts until 30th Aug.
  • djpailo
    djpailo Posts: 551 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 23 August 2016 at 11:35AM
    I added funds around 8pm last night so still not appeared. I'll check again around 9am ish. I only added £5 as a test.

    EDIT: Still nothing :(

    So I still haven't seen anything appear. Anyone got any experience of this? I deposited £1 as a test and its in my statement for Santander.
  • 2010
    2010 Posts: 5,634 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 23 August 2016 at 1:21PM
    djpailo wrote: »
    I added funds around 8pm last night so still not appeared. I'll check again around 9am ish. I only added £5 as a test.

    EDIT: Still nothing :(

    So I still haven't seen anything appear. Anyone got any experience of this? I deposited £1 as a test and its in my statement for Santander.

    I think it`s a case of using someone like Barclays to do their FP.
    If you pay in before a certain time say noon or 2pm, the payment will show before close of business the same day.
    If after a certain time it`ll show next day.

    Either way your payment should show by 5pm today.
    Having said that, there could be a minium deposit and if you haven`t sent enough it could be sent back to you.
  • djpailo
    djpailo Posts: 551 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    2010 wrote: »
    I think it`s a case of using someone like Barclays to do their FP.
    If you pay in before a certain time say noon or 2pm, the payment will show before close of business the same day.
    If after a certain time it`ll show next day.

    Either way your payment should show by 5pm today.
    Having said that, there could be a minium deposit and if you haven`t sent enough it could be sent back to you.

    The money finally appeared :)

    Yes, I read about the minimum deposit on the website afterwards, but I can't find a mention of specifically a minimum deposit on the T&C's. It does say minimum investment necessary, but not deposit. Anyway, I'll transfer the rest now.
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Their systems seem a bit disorganised, when depositing money I have sometimes received an e-mail by way of notifying me that my money has been received , but on the last 2 deposits last week and yesterday no e-mail was received.
  • 2010
    2010 Posts: 5,634 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    FOREVER21 wrote: »
    Their systems seem a bit disorganised, when depositing money I have sometimes received an e-mail by way of notifying me that my money has been received , but on the last 2 deposits last week and yesterday no e-mail was received.

    I made a deposit early yesterday (7am) by FP and it didn`t show until about 3pm yesterday.
    I`ve just opened my email and there`s one confirming the deposit timed at 23-45 yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.