Best credit card to use overseas

Options
Hi Guys. I am off to Europe in a few weeks and have been looking at the best credit cards to use abroad without any charges. Can any recommend one that ideally has interest free on new purchases? I cannot use Nationwide as I had one 3 months ago and they have said you need to leave it at least 6 months.
Thanks

Comments

• NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    Options
    Post Office Platinum Credit Card

You can utilise it in conjunction with perhaps the Halifax Clarity or Creation Everyday....or better still, just stick to what you can afford.

Get a Metro Bank debit card on the spot for ATM withdrawals.
  • nofixedabode
    Options
    This CC does not have interest free, however I use the Aqua Rewards CC. Just make sure you pay it off each month and always choose the local currency if you get the option (e.g. EUR, USD - never GBP - unless you are in the UK!). It is expensive to withdraw cash, so get the N&P debit card, no charges on overseas withdrawals or overseas usage.
  • Chaufeurse1956
    Options
    Halifax Clarity is our cc of choice for overseas use - interbank rate, fee free cash purchases/cash withdrawals, interest charged from the day of cash withdrawal, which can be avoided if one wishes by an internet bank payment on the same day.

We also had a PO Plat but when they revamped their online system earlier this year we were unable to register, not recognised apparently. Rang PO customer service who stated security check answers incorrect, odd as we'd never changed security details. We guess there's a problem within their system as a new cc didn't arrive to supersede the expiring one. Understandably they are not allowed to say what segment is wrong and advised we write in, but, and this is a hoot, the supervisor said they may not reply... not worth the hassle so PO Plat is history.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure