We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Struggling to Sell NASDAQ Shares
PaulaJane27
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi all!
I am new to forum, and having tried to find the information I am looking for on both the forum and the internet - I am completely bamboozled.
When I was much younger, I was gifted fifty shares in a company called Coherent on the NASDAQ exchange. In the last five years they have raised from ~ $40 a share to ~$108 each
I have the paper share certificates, but am struggling to find a way in which to sell them in the UK. I have family based in the US, but due to "Insider Trading" restrictions it does not seem practical for these to be transferred.
Could anybody please recommend a UK account which will allow me to trade and sell my shares? It would go a long way towards securing a deposit on my first home.
Thank you!
I am new to forum, and having tried to find the information I am looking for on both the forum and the internet - I am completely bamboozled.
When I was much younger, I was gifted fifty shares in a company called Coherent on the NASDAQ exchange. In the last five years they have raised from ~ $40 a share to ~$108 each
I have the paper share certificates, but am struggling to find a way in which to sell them in the UK. I have family based in the US, but due to "Insider Trading" restrictions it does not seem practical for these to be transferred.
Could anybody please recommend a UK account which will allow me to trade and sell my shares? It would go a long way towards securing a deposit on my first home.
Thank you!
0
Comments
-
TD Direct Invest might; give them a call. You'd have to see if they'd accept paper certificates for NASDAQ though.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards