Mis sold holiday uk

Options

Comments

• Dogsneck
    Options
    I cant post a link as a new member but! The link susancs posted shows the back door of the cottage on picture 11, Kitchen window to the left of the back door but cant be seen,
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,264 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So the buildings in picture 11 , which are attached to the cottage , are the buildings you are referring to.

As this is a 300 year old cottage , and the stonework matches the cottage I think it is an old building that has been made into two with a wooden bit added on to the part at the back.

It is two properties.

It may have been done years before before the current owners bought the cottage as a single property.

The garden for the cottage extends down level with the side of that building so it is not 'in the garden'.

No other review has mentioned a problem with the garden.

You assumed wrongly that the buildings were part of the cottage instead of being the property next door.
  • Dogsneck
    Dogsneck Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 17 August 2016 at 2:47PM
    Options
    The wooden bit is not attached to the cottage the building with the wooden bit added is the building in the garden not the cottage, If you look at the picture of the seats in the garden, behind you can see the back door of the cottage and the bedroom window, thats the cottage we were in,
  • Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That entire structure jutting out of the back of the holiday cottage is obviously a complete seperate property with its own front door...Are you saying they shared the garden with the holiday cottage with no boundary marked at all, or was there a small fence or hedge giving an illusion of separatism? Either way it seems extreme on your part to abandon a holiday in a beautiful setting for the sake of not having exclusive use of a temporary garden.
  • Auntie-Dolly
    Auntie-Dolly Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    Options
    I'm still confused. Did the op think the buildings in the picture were part of their holiday let?
  • Dogsneck
    edited 17 August 2016 at 4:52PM
    Options
    Poppie68 your spot on, the building is not attached to the cottage, there is a gap of about three feet between the cottage and the building which you cant see,, so yes the entire building is in the garden, no boundary. Yes it as its own door and patio window/door too.
  • oramgepekoe
    Options
    I can see from picture 4 that the kitchen window looks out to a stone wall. I assume this is the extra building beyond the 3 feet gap.

As we can't see any external doors to the extra building, how is it accessed from the street?
  • Dogsneck
    edited 17 August 2016 at 5:20PM
    Options
    Its accessed via the gate at the front of the cottage, yes the view from the kitchen window is the seprate building.
  • Poppie68
    Options
    I can see from picture 4 that the kitchen window looks out to a stone wall. I assume this is the extra building beyond the 3 feet gap.

As we can't see any external doors to the extra building, how is it accessed from the street?

On street view you can see the building attached to the cottage with its own front door.
  • Poppie68
    Options
    Dogsneck wrote: »
    Poppie68 your spot on, the building is not attached to the cottage, there is a gap of about three feet between the cottage and the building which you cant see,, so yes the entire building is in the garden, no boundary. Yes it as its own door and patio window/door too.

It looks like someone has sold the land and another property has been built on it, so the owner is correct if that's the case as it's not in their garden, the only issue you may have is if it's a shared garden and you have been misinformed about exclusivity of the garden. I personally would of carried on my holiday and enjoyed a glass of wine in the evening out in the garden with a quick gossip with the offending dwellers if the chance arose!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure