We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Stupid tiling question!
mrs_baggins
Posts: 1,290 Forumite
It may be silly but I am going to ask anyway!
Having toilet/utility area over hauled. I initially had some problems so the toilet and basin are removed while work is carried out. In meantime I have decided to re tile floor of toilet and adjoining utility. I need to get old tiles up but in what order are things done? Do I get tiles laid before the tiles? To me this makes sense as toilet can then be fixed to floor with no messing around toilet bowl. Or do I wait until everything is finished toilet put back and then tile?
Having toilet/utility area over hauled. I initially had some problems so the toilet and basin are removed while work is carried out. In meantime I have decided to re tile floor of toilet and adjoining utility. I need to get old tiles up but in what order are things done? Do I get tiles laid before the tiles? To me this makes sense as toilet can then be fixed to floor with no messing around toilet bowl. Or do I wait until everything is finished toilet put back and then tile?
0
Comments
-
Confusing question ?
Remove all old tiles
Remove toilet whb
Tile walls
Tile floor
Reinstate toilet and whb0 -
tile walls and floors before reinstalling the toilet0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards