Options
12346»

Comments

• jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    20aday wrote: »
    Yes it's possible to now add Clubcard to Pass Book/Wallet with the latest app in iOS 8/9/10 (unless you have a staff discount card/Clubcard Plus account) however Walgreen's in the U.S. allow customers to authorise their rewards cards with TouchID:

https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/applepay.jsp

Why do you need to authorise Clubcard though? I have a plastic physical Clubcard, the cashier just scans it, what is the difference if they just scan my phone?
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    jon81uk wrote: »
    Why do you need to authorise Clubcard though? I have a plastic physical Clubcard, the cashier just scans it, what is the difference if they just scan my phone?

When it was announced earlier on in the year about the closure of Clubcard Boost MSE seemed to suggest they were going to copy Sainsbury's and allow customers to redeem points instead of waiting for vouchers every quarter.

Although that's yet to happen it adds a layer of security-if someone found your plastic card on the street they could fraudulently clear your earnings.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • Doubtful
    Doubtful Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    payqwik still not accepting Tesco Clubcard Plus bank cards!!??? Been a loyal customer for many many years and have found their attitude over this to be appalling. Rang them to query this over 2 weeks ago and they promised to look into and call me back. No-one did. I've just rung them again to be told they are looking into it. Find it hard to believe they are having problems getting their own app to accept their own bank account cards! I notice that someone on this chat was "fobbed" off by them last September. nice way to treat your loyal customers Tesco! Sainsbury's Nectar points are the way to go in future. Maybe Martin Lewis can highlight this on his next programme?
  • gyption
    Options
    thebigbosh wrote: »
    anyone else getting an error message from Payqwiq: 'won't work on a device that has malware or is rooted'? I'm pretty sure my device isn't rooted and two different apps find no malware. But not sure what to do next now

I'm having this problem too.

Any fix?
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Doubtful wrote: »
    payqwik still not accepting Tesco Clubcard Plus bank cards!!??? Been a loyal customer for many many years and have found their attitude over this to be appalling. Rang them to query this over 2 weeks ago and they promised to look into and call me back. No-one did. I've just rung them again to be told they are looking into it. Find it hard to believe they are having problems getting their own app to accept their own bank account cards! I notice that someone on this chat was "fobbed" off by them last September. nice way to treat your loyal customers Tesco! Sainsbury's Nectar points are the way to go in future. Maybe Martin Lewis can highlight this on his next programme?

From the FAQs on PayQwiq.com:

You can use Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard, MasterCard Debit, Maestro and American Express.

That'd be why you're having trouble adding Clubcard Plus.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • allanmc
    allanmc Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    20aday wrote: »
    From the FAQs on PayQwiq.com:

You can use Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard, MasterCard Debit, Maestro and American Express.

That'd be why you're having trouble adding Clubcard Plus.

I think the Tesco Clubcard Plus is actually just a Maestro debit card and that's why it works at the till when used to pay for groceries. That being the case it should be relatively easy to enable these Plus accounts for use with PayQwiq. I suspect that the will simply isn't there to resolve this issue.

I've contacted PayQwiq multiple times via telephone, email and Facebook Messenger since it was launched and get the same "it's coming" story. That must be at least a year now. I've even offered to be a guinea-pig if they wanted an actual customer to try it out with.
    No reliance should be placed on the above.
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I had a nice email from them today because I haven't used PayQwik for a while (almost as soon as I'd amassed the 500 point bonus.) 100 points for another transaction before 30th July. It does state that it's by invitation only, so check your emails.
  • Chantel
    Chantel Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I didn't receive my 500 points even though I used it several times :( making sure I used it atlas 5 times before the deadline in hopes for the bonus.
  • AnotherJAM
    Options
    I used the app when they were giving 50 points per use, then I carried on using it after I'd hit the 500. Then they put out an update to the app which required me to give them access to my call history and browsing history before it would let me use it again. Emailed Tesco to query why they needed this but got no reply so I removed all permissions and uninstalled the app. I know Tesco probably have more important things to do than look through my history but hackers and fraudsters have loads of time on their hands for stuff like that.
  • aardvaak
    aardvaak Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The theory looks good, obviously more-so for regular users of & shoppers at Tesco.
    My BIG concern before even downloading the app would be the reviews - which are (by & large) awful!
    Personally I would want to see lots more 5* (and recent) reviews before I would commit to downloading and using what looks for now like a "flakey" app.

Surely this is a security problem

What happens if your phone is nicked or lost somene could run up huge debts for you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure